Home

Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #73
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
They had a feature implemented way bad in CH 2K4 where you could search for a job. Coaching Carousel took a little while for them actually implement into the game. But when they did they did it right. EA has given us CC, and this will be there first year for both the feature, and any sort of Coach Mode. Also to say we got 5% is absurd. The only things missing are Coach Ratings, and even then we have a general coach rating (prestige) in its place. We actually got most of what we wanted. Ability to create a coach, ability to progress with this coach, CPU controlled Coaches taking new jobs, playbooks attached to offensive and defensive coordinators, the fact that we got coordinators was unexpected IMO. I think for their first attempt, EA has done a damn good job.

Ok 5% was a obviously an exaggeration but still I wouldn't give it 25% because right now it will only be playbooks floating around. We can't even hire/fire OC/DC's which shows even more that they have little impact. Now if it is true that they will make an impact for simulated games that will be interesting to see but right now I'm still skeptical.

Also I didn't realize 2k had implemented CC before, I searched for it and it wasn't advertised. That's the biggest thing too is the CC in 2k8 wasn't even listed as a feature and EA makes it their feature which isn't even close to CH2k8.

Now with that being said I will take a step back because I am not blasting this game at all in fact I haven't been this excited about NCAA in a while but it bugs me that they make this a feature, which 2k didn't, and it is still way behind 2k.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #74
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

Of course the majority of the answers in the thread were "No."

Look at the majority of the questions.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This also means Rich Rod would produce better defensive players than any coach with a lower prestige than him, but we all know that Rich Rod has defensive players get worse under him in real life.

Spoiler
Even though his defense at Michigan didn't perform he still had NFL talent on that side of the ball. The defense he ran wasn't ideal for his conference or personnel. If you have a bunch of players who fit the 4-3 scheme (which Lloyd Carr had that Rich Rod was left with) it doesn't mean you will succeed in a 3-3-5 scheme. Matter fact Donovan Warren, and a few other lineman have went on to the NFL during Rich Rod's tenure. And again, with coach prestige changing yearly you probably will see a situation where a guy, much like Rich Rod, comes into a big school like Michigan with wild expectations and under perform and as result lose prestige and eventually their job.

So in Rich Rod's case he comes in A or A- to a school where he can't meet the immediate goals b/c of personnel issues, lose prestige (w/ the ability for players to progress as well) and may lose their jobs quicker than a coach who comes into a situation that is more ideal (Jimbo Fisher @ FSU) b/c he was a coordinator at that school or b/c he has a similar philosophy to the previous coach.

Last edited by PikeJR23; 05-23-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #76
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

@Donovan Warren example: Not a good one, since he left early and went undrafted. He didn't really develop them. He had the talent, but he personally never helped them improve. His D coordinator worked with them, since RR admitted to spending 98% of his time with the offense. Which is why we need a little more than one broad prestige rating.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
Of course the majority of the answers in the thread were "No."

Look at the majority of the questions.
Most of the questions were pretty much a wish list. Im satisfied with what has come out do far. This is the biggest leap from one year to the next in this franchise imo. EA has earned my $65
Old 05-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #78
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I really really hope Neutral site games made it in. When i think about it, it does not seem like a huge addition to do. Neutral site games are already in, there is a bunch of non NCAA stadiums in, and just treat the crowd like a bowl game.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #79
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I really really hope Neutral site games made it in. When i think about it, it does not seem like a huge addition to do. Neutral site games are already in, there is a bunch of non NCAA stadiums in, and just treat the crowd like a bowl game.
They're not in, nor is being able to set the time and day of your game.

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 7

Custom conferences seem more restrictive than first advertised. Interested to see what the blog reveals tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »