Home

Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #41
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

I'll reserve complete judgement until after tomorrow's blog. The details of how coaches affect the game now aren't even know yet...so why jump to conclusions?

Even as-is, I'm happy with what they've done. Like another poster said, the fact that philosophies [and hell, even the names] will change over the course of the dynasty will be a nice, fresh addition to the mode. I've done things like that in past versions, on my own!

It was irrational to expect a deep, rich version of the CC this year. They have implemented something that they can use as a base for the future.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #42
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
Like i said, it isn't individual ratings based, but to say it has NO impact is wrong.. the coaches do impact the team.
Ding, ding, ding.

Plus, coordinators have prestige ratings too, so they should have an impact on simmed games (which, last time I checked, all CPU games are simmed).

That makes me the most upset that I can't control who my OC and DC will be once I become a head coach, but I can live with it...

for now.

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #43
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Okay, then we have to look at it this way. Actual coaches mean nothing besides a prestige/experience rating for recruiting. We could have just had teams randomly change playbooks and basically gotten the same experience, if you really think about it.
it effects the PROGRESSION of players... that is huge IMO. A down program can hire an A+ prestige coach and see a tangible impact to a team as players progress more than with a lower tier coach.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 05-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #44
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
it effects the PROGRESSION of players... that is huge IMO. A down program can hire an A+ prestige coach and see a tangible impact to a team as players progress more than with a lower tier coach.
That's been confirmed? If so, then that does make me feel a little better.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I did not know that and it is nice to see, but I still am very disappointed in how EA has handled the CC. I know most of you disagree with me, but if we had no CC this year, but next year we got one that was at least on the same level as 2k8, then I'd be happy.

At least EA has a base to build on and it should be their biggest focus next year.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #46
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

People are over reacting for many reasons.

1) They have said that just because Missouri runs a certain play style typically, doesn't mean they will now hire someone else with the same playbook. It only boosts the chances they will hire someone with a similar playbook. This is realistic, as programs are doing it just about everywhere you look. Army is more likely to hire someone who can come in and run the Option. USC is more likely to hire someone who runs a Pro-Style offense. Once again, they said someone is more likely to be hired if they have a similar play-style, they never said it is automatic that they will hire someone with a different play-style. You will still see changes in the way offenses and defenses are run.

2) I guess I am different from everyone else, but the real joy of CC for me is to take a low job, and build my way up. Ratings effect the game nicely, but its not that big of a deal if its not in their first year of implementing such a huge feature. From what I understand, Prestige Rating is some what of a general coach rating, so obviously it is still going to matter what kind of coach you hire.

3) Take a second and compare it to what we had before, and still tell me that you're truly disappointed with the advancements made in NCAA 12. It used to be, I'd start out at FAU. A year later, I'm being offered the Michigan job. This year, I'd start as a Offensive Coordinator at FAU. Maybe through 5-6 years of progressing through my career, I can end up at a school Head Coaching. Maybe it's just me, but that alone is intensely gratifying.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #47
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
That's been confirmed? If so, then that does make me feel a little better.
yes, im confirming it....

if you want to read more about my impressions from hands on with the game for 100+ hours... go here.. http://traditionsportsonline.com/ea-...tails-revealed

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 05-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #48
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I did not know that and it is nice to see, but I still am very disappointed in how EA has handled the CC. I know most of you disagree with me, but if we had no CC this year, but next year we got one that was at least on the same level as 2k8, then I'd be happy.

At least EA has a base to build on and it should be their biggest focus next year.
It really took the 2K team 5 games to get the CC we got in 2K8. You could go out and search for jobs in 2K4. That's the biggest misconception when it comes to the whole 2K8 CC thing.

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »