Home

Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #65
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Toe anyone saying this lack of a CC is ok because it is the first year,

Was it not College Hoops 2k8's first year with CC when they implemented theirs? If so is it not a shame that EA had a basis of CC that they could learn from and instead only took 5% of it?
Again, 2K8 WASN'T (not yelling, just making it clear) the first year the 2K team has "CC" in the game. You could search for jobs in 2K4 and 2K5 (and it wasn't you search for it, you got it, you had to be good). 2K6 and 2K7 expanded on that, and 2K8 is the first one I remember that was as full-blown as they gave us.

People need to realize to get where 2K8 got is a process, and unless you neglect everything else about Dynasty, it's going to take 2-3 years to get there.

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #66
MattUMD224

OVR:
Re: Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

Well looks like I found my answer.

No editing player during season like on madden.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #67
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Toe anyone saying this lack of a CC is ok because it is the first year,

Was it not College Hoops 2k8's first year with CC when they implemented theirs? If so is it not a shame that EA had a basis of CC that they could learn from and instead only took 5% of it?

With that being said this game still looks a lot better than previous versions but I was so hyped about CC and when it's finally in it is actually pretty disappointing. Honestly without the leaked RTG info I would be pretty mad today about the dynasty info. Kudos to the new RTG dev who in 1 year not only kept this mode alive (which I like) but possibly made it a better mode than dynasty. I mean I am extremely excited that I am going to be able to replay my Senior season! And not only that but I can recreate the schedule with TB? AWESOME
They had a feature implemented way bad in CH 2K4 where you could search for a job. Coaching Carousel took a little while for them actually implement into the game. But when they did they did it right. EA has given us CC, and this will be there first year for both the feature, and any sort of Coach Mode. Also to say we got 5% is absurd. The only things missing are Coach Ratings, and even then we have a general coach rating (prestige) in its place. We actually got most of what we wanted. Ability to create a coach, ability to progress with this coach, CPU controlled Coaches taking new jobs, playbooks attached to offensive and defensive coordinators, the fact that we got coordinators was unexpected IMO. I think for their first attempt, EA has done a damn good job.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #68
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I was not expecting a 2K8 type of CC. But I was disappointed that there might not be anything else added besides Tuning. IE Spring Game and other stuff. I hope we can play on a TB team. That would make my day. MY hopes are that you can set Quarter Lengths and improved Coach play calling
With the RTG info this made my day. This will probably might be my #1 mode this year.

Oh yeh that is a big thing that's needed too. I know Madden has had it in for their Superstar mode so hopefully they will take from it. That makes a big difference because I want to be able to get a realistic amount of plays in. Also it would be nice to be able to change it during the season because HS is only 12 minutes so their are less plays.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #69
MattUMD224

OVR:
Re: Providing Detail and Clarity to Changes Found in NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode

wait we are allowed to do rosters online this year and download them onto the game. The freaking awesome and will be so much easier

Old 05-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 5

Practically the whole Q & A looked like this
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No
6. No

Does not make sense to add a mode that really has no substance. A CC should have Coach ratings.

My Point: Look at teams like SMU, Baylor etc. When the NCAA Pre Package roster is released it rarely has good players on bad teams, which is not at all a simulation of real life NCAA Football. Great players can be found on terrible teams. Therefore a coach rating system would lower or raise certain abilities of players making them better or worse when playing for a certain coach at a certain school. I think you see my point, coaching should have some affect on players, making them better or worse.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #71
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Practically the whole Q & A looked like this
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No
6. No

Does not make sense to add a mode that really has no substance. A CC should have Coach ratings.

My Point: Look at teams like SMU, Baylor etc. When the NCAA Pre Package roster is released it rarely has good players on bad teams, which is not at all a simulation of real life NCAA Football. Great players can be found on terrible teams. Therefore a coach rating system would lower or raise certain abilities of players making them better or worse when playing for a certain coach at a certain school. I think you see my point, coaching should have some affect on players, making them better or worse.
have you even read the whole thread... ? The coach prestige rating has a DIRECT IMPACT ON PROGRESSION of a team.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #72
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
They had a feature implemented way bad in CH 2K4 where you could search for a job. Coaching Carousel took a little while for them actually implement into the game. But when they did they did it right. EA has given us CC, and this will be there first year for both the feature, and any sort of Coach Mode. Also to say we got 5% is absurd. The only things missing are Coach Ratings, and even then we have a general coach rating (prestige) in its place. We actually got most of what we wanted. Ability to create a coach, ability to progress with this coach, CPU controlled Coaches taking new jobs, playbooks attached to offensive and defensive coordinators, the fact that we got coordinators was unexpected IMO. I think for their first attempt, EA has done a damn good job.
and to also add to that, ln TGT it has been made clear that coaches will actually prefer certain styles of players to recruit (but if someone highly ranked wants to come there, they will recruit him).

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »