Home

Player editing in dynasty?

This is a discussion on Player editing in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #17
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Player editing in dynasty?

They added it to Madden this year, NCAA will probably just lag behind by a year. As for why, based on the reasons they gave in the past for not letting users edit players in Madden, I'm guessing there aren't any good ones.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 31

The main reason i want this is because i dont want there being 20 JUCO's in the top 100, and top tier programs signing 4+ JUCO's
Old 05-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #19
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Gaming Tailgate Q&A

Q: Do you guys know what we will be able to edit specifically while in dynasty mode? So in 2023 will I be able to edit a players ratings, weight, height, etc. If we aren't able to edit everything do you know why EA won't let us edit those things? Seems like an easy fix and I know that it got into Madden this year so just wondering the reasoning behind why it wouldn't get into NCAA. Thanks!

A: No, you cannot edit players during dynasty. I don't know the reasoning why the ability is not in.

I'm not a big RTG or Online guy so it looks like I'm going to spend the next 49 days trying to find out why this didn't get in
Old 05-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #20
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Well my excitement level just went from an 8 to about a 6 now. I only care for offline dynasty and I have no faith in how they tuned recruits especially with how bad recruits were in NCAA 11. CC is great but if the recruits have terrible position specific ratings like last year then that is wasted.

I guess my day of reckoning comes on the 27th to see what they did with recruiting and even that might not be enough. I'm officially in the "wait until everybody at os buys the game and comments on recruit ratings in dynasty" group as of now.

They made some good strides in other areas but with lack of editing allowed(for whatever reason they give) is a huge negative for me.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #21
Rookie

woody56's Arena

Well there is always NCAA 13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #22
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
They made some good strides in other areas but with lack of editing allowed(for whatever reason they give) is a huge negative for me.
I feel like we're in the same boat. I love the modes that they improved but the ability to edit/customize in this manner would just put it over the top for me.

Unless I'm wrong on this the amount of dev time to get something like this in would be minimal so I'm wondering what is at the core of why it hasn't gotten in considering how much it would improve dynasty for me (and many others). The payoff on adding this would be huge.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #23
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I feel like we're in the same boat. I love the modes that they improved but the ability to edit/customize in this manner would just put it over the top for me.

Unless I'm wrong on this the amount of dev time to get something like this in would be minimal so I'm wondering what is at the core of why it hasn't gotten in considering how much it would improve dynasty for me (and many others). The payoff on adding this would be huge.
The sad thing I feel we will both agree on is that, this one option fixes everything that could potentially be wrong in dynasty mode. If recruiting is bad like last years then we would have been able to fix it ourselves by editing the recruits or players. Would it have taken hours if not a day or two to do? Heck yes it would have but it would have been our choice to do so.

It's almost like they are so proud of the changes made to dynasty mode that they want to see if their work was good enough and if it isn't, then possibly next year they would let us fix the game how we want. I'm not trying to attack a dev of the game or bash anyone who wants to buy it. I may honestly still pick this game up if recruiting is fixed as advertise but this was a huge blow for me.

I could deal with the minimal cc because of the fact I figured I could adjust recruits attributes but now knowing how limited CC is and we can't edit anything in dynasty ratings wise. That's a big letdown for me & only me.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #24
MattUMD224

OVR:

All the great news had me at 90% buying. Now after reading we are not able to do this im at 70%. I just have no faith in incoming recruits player abilities. Since the last 2 years have not been to good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »