Home

Player editing in dynasty?

This is a discussion on Player editing in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2011, 02:03 AM   #65
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Player editing in dynasty?

There is no good reason why the user isn't able to edit ratings, height, weight, etc. No one on the NCAA dev team can say ANYTHING that would convince me or any other dynasty enthusiast of a good reason why this didn't get into this years game. Or for that matter hasn't been a must have feature in the past. I believe every sports game should allow the ability to edit EVERYTHING inside and outside of dynasty/franchise. The main reasons for me are as follows. Usually it's to fix unrealistic heights and weights for prospects or current players. Especially when you get several years in and all the original real life guys are gone. Like a DE with a 92 strength with great run stop ratings but he's 6'3 215lbs??!!! TEs tend to be too small when they're freshmen. I can't remember now to be honest but I don't believe height and weight go up as the player gets older as it should. Offensive lineman really get me. And what if there is a surprise player IRL that NOBODY predicted would be that good?
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2011, 03:44 AM   #66
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody56
Almost got an answer

@jasonfrench Why didn't you guys add fully customizable player editing in dynasty mode like Madden did?

@TripFontaine23 Sorry. I can't comment directly about features until the game is released. Contact @EANCAAFootball
Other than when Ben was using the account for an hour @EANCAAFootball doesn't reply to anything, they just send out promo messages.

So are you going to send him the same message on July 12? Maybe they'll surprise us and it will be part of the release day patch...
Old 05-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #67
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

There is no way that this should be DLC, it should just be in the game. Madden team has already stated that it wasn't that hard to make it availible. I'm fine with DLC if you are editing on your computer or something, but this is such a basic function that should just be in the game. I think we should start by expressing that we want it, rather than advertising that we would shell out a couple bucks on this, a couple on the commish pack, and then some on editing recruits.

I love the DLC we are getting but I think people are giving too much slack on what should be DLC.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #68
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4

I certainly wouldn't mind if it was free DLC. I'd rather wait to have the best possible version of this feature implemented than to have a rushed, half-done version shopped out with the disc.

But I agree, paying for features doesn't sit well with me.
- "Passing? What's That?" since 1984.

Skins Fans against Dan Snyder
Old 05-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #69
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Two words regarding this topic: CAM NEWTON

Cam Newton's ratings were in the 80's on the default rosters last year. Lets say you were like me and started a dynasty before the season starts. Newton starts dominating IRL and then you play Auburn in your dynasty and he's like 81 overall or whatever. Yeah you can edit your rosters in the edit roster menu so you won't have this problem in future dynasties, but the one you are in now has an average Cam Newton who will probably stay for his senior year and then when you play him in Year 2 of that dynasty he's barely overall 87. It kills the realism in the game.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #70
MVP

HarkTheSound's Arena

OVR: 11

Dont' get me wrong I would love to have this feature, especially if it came to editing recruits. But to say you won't buy the game just because you can't add+2 to someone's tackle or lower a WR height by 2 inches is a bit ridiculous to me. This game looks far too promising to be over-dramatizing THAT much.

Bengals
UNC Tar Heels(Football and Basketball)
Old 05-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #71
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Is this something that could be added in a title update? So if recruiting is terrible again, maybe they could add it at a later point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #72
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
Dont' get me wrong I would love to have this feature, especially if it came to editing recruits. But to say you won't buy the game just because you can't add+2 to someone's tackle or lower a WR height by 2 inches is a bit ridiculous to me. This game looks far too promising to be over-dramatizing THAT much.
For me I'm more concerned about editing positions...

Team recruited too many Scrambling QB's well I can convert some to WR or how about a CPU recruits a ATH but place him at CB (because it gives him his best OVR) where he would be low on the depth chart, I can switch his position to something else.

Positions, depth charts, ht/wt is the main thing I care for when comes to editing, attr would come in handy tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »