Home

NCAA Football 12 - Coaching Carousel Hands-On Preview (TSO)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - Coaching Carousel Hands-On Preview (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #25
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 12: Hands on with the Coaching Carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It shows what happens if you accomplish or fail your goals. Say one gaol is gain 5000 yards passing and there are 3 green arrows, but now red arrows. That just means if you accomplish it, you get more security for your job and improve your prestige. If you don't accomplish, since there were no red arrows, then it won't hurt you.
That makes sense, but Oregon didn't even throw for 4000 yards last year, yet that's the neutral goal. I'm a little worried about the these goals now, seems like there's a high probability for unrealistic goals if throwing for 4000 is just "acceptable", and Oregon's not even a pass oriented offense.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #26
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

lol its like they were reading the CC thread

Thats a good thing !
Old 05-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #27
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
That's great that the coaches have a tangible impact on prestige and recruit progression. I'm excited for the feature for its first implementation. Remember it took Choops 5 YEARS to get the CC the way it was in 2k8. So for a first time effort, I like it. I'm sure it won't be prelevant but it'd be sweet to play my Rutgers dynasty and meet up with the new coach of say USF and they've become a pro style/3-4 team a few years in.

I know some guys are disappointed at the CC news but at least there's some impact to the on the field play.

sent from parts unknown
Old 05-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I read that you have to fully recruit as a Coordinator. So if you are a OC you have to recruit for both sides. So you cant just recruit to your side as a Coordinator. But I will recruit mostly to my side until I become head coach since I will supersim all defense plays.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #29
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It shows what happens if you accomplish or fail your goals. Say one gaol is gain 5000 yards passing and there are 3 green arrows, but now red arrows. That just means if you accomplish it, you get more security for your job and improve your prestige. If you don't accomplish, since there were no red arrows, then it won't hurt you.
correct.. the color indicates positive or negative and the quantity of arrows indicates it's importance to your boss!!!

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 05-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Coaching Carousel Hands-On Preview (TSO)

I'm curious to see how the coaching prestige progresses. If I start out a defensive coordinator and work my prestige up to a B, does that automatically mean I have B prestige as a Head Coach as well?
Old 05-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #31
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I'm curious to see how the coaching prestige progresses. If I start out a defensive coordinator and work my prestige up to a B, does that automatically mean I have B prestige as a Head Coach as well?
That's how I think it would be. I don't think at this point in the development of CC that they would separate HC from coordinator ratings. That's just a guess, though.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #32
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
That's how I think it would be. I don't think at this point in the development of CC that they would separate HC from coordinator ratings. That's just a guess, though.
Its probably how it is going to be, but I wish it wasn't. It should either drop a later grade, or drop all the way to an F. Because any prestige you carry as a Coordinator is almost immediately dropped as soon as you become a HC, because people are now going to know you as a HC, and not a Coordinator. I saw the Stanford Offensive Coordinator take the Penn State HC job on one of the screenshots, and his prestige was listed as A+, so I'm sure this is the way its going to be. Not that big of a deal, but something they will hopefully look at in the future.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »