Home

Thinking about coming back.

This is a discussion on Thinking about coming back. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #25
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Thinking about coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
I have and I will be honest with you... I tried really hard to enjoy that game. NCAA is just a more enjoyable experience in my opinion. That being said, I didn't enjoy NFL 2k5 either.
Well, if you tried it and didn't like it, I can't say a thing. Who am I to tell you what you should and shouldn't like? It's just the way you worded it before ("EA's gameplay IMO is better than anything possible in 2008"), it sounded like you were dismissing it because it was made in 2008 but hadn't actually tried it. When people make up their minds without even giving something a shot, that really irritates me.

Last edited by Pokes404; 05-24-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Well, if you tried it and didn't like it, I can't say a thing. Who am I to tell you what you should and shouldn't like? It's just the way you worded it before ("EA's gameplay IMO is better than anything possible in 2008"), it sounded like you were dismissing it because it was made in 2008 but hadn't actually tried it. When people make up their minds without even giving something a shot, that really irritates me.
You got the wrong guy... I am just a nobody who was interjecting his worthless opinion!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #27
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
You got the wrong guy... I am just a nobody who was interjecting his worthless opinion!!!
lol

Yeah, that was someone else who said that. My fault. That's why I always double-check stuff like that. Of course, the one time I don't ...

Still, you gave the game a chance, tried to like it, but didn't. I can respect that.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by APF 2K8
Yes, but that wasn't the only thing he asked. This was in the OP:

So if someone asks about 'realistic gameplay', then yes, I will bring up 2K every single time.
Sorry, I know you are new here, but you can't set your own rules to posting. Game comparisons ie EA vs 2K aren't allowed here. There is no if, and's and but's about it. Maybe you can do that at other sites, but not here.

The discussion usually runs down a slippery slope. The OP didn't even ask to suggest another game, he was talking about EA's.

Take a look at the E3 builds and the demo.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #29
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

The running animations are still robotic and ice skating looking, IMO. Old gen running looked so much better.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #30
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Gagnon, if you haven't bought an NCAA since 2007, you would be best served to download the Demo and play the heck out of it. Do you have Gamefly, or perhaps a Blockbuster/Hollywood Video near you? If yes, then I would rent the game, play it for a week and see how you feel after spending some time with the retail version.

I really enjoyed NCAA 11, and I think NCAA 12 will be a nice improvement on that game, but still, I'd have a hard time recommending you to just shell out $60 on a game that you haven't played in years. I'd hate for you to just impulse buy and then 2 days later, regret the purchase.

So, the best advice is to try it out on your own and then you will be able to decide if the game is worthy of a purchase.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #31
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Gagon, you would be amazed at the leaps that NCAA has made the last few years. I admit that I was servilely disappointed with NCAA 09 & 10. However, 11 made one of the biggest improvements from on iteration to the next of any sports game this gen. The devs have been working hard to give us everything we've asked for. At this point they've almost got in everything that was in last gen plus, more. I can't speak for the game play of 12 yet. 11 had some problems but, nothing too serious. It is my favorite football game to date.

Lastly, I should note that if you're an online gamer then NCAA's Dynasty Wire is easily, the most innovative feature ever in a sports game. I mean, how many other games A) have full seasons just like real life and B) can you participate in from work? None that I can think of.

Anyway, I'm obviously a bit biased because the NCAA team has won me over as a costumer. Therefore, my suggestion is to either pick of NCAA 11 for cheap so you can tell if the improvements are up to your standards or play the 12 demo that should be out in a few weeks and form an opinion from there. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #32
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404

I believe I played APF. I think I played it a a friends house once a year or two ago. (It might have been the NFL 2k game, I get those confused). I personally disliked it, but what I meant by that comment was that there are more technological stuff available at use for EA, and they have the capabilities to iutperform a 2008 video game. And yes, I know 2008 had some solid sports games... mainly CHoops 2k8...

To get back on topic: I would highly recommend NCAA 12. With good sliders, NCAA 11 could be fairly realistic (More than a '6' on a scale of 1-100). It wasn't perfect, but with improved coverage, hopefully, certain money plays have been crippled.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »