Home

What Playbook, First Coaching Position/Philosophy and Future Job do you want?

This is a discussion on What Playbook, First Coaching Position/Philosophy and Future Job do you want? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #33
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What Playbook, First Coaching Position/Philosophy and Future Job do you want?

OC

Start career at any 1* school, bring in my own playbook, the Wild Heart Attack. Will be a hurry up/no huddle heavy run spread n' gun n' shoot n' option n' score n' fumble. Probably will consist of spread ace formations, jet sweeps/misdirection/trick plays/Steve Spurrier, wishbone, gotham spread, anything crazy. Focus more on a few formations with a few looks each, but diverse plays to run from each. Will work my way up to any powerhouse (prefer SEC) that's been struggling.

Basically I want to shatter what OU did a few years back and primarily be a shootout school school. My defense as a head coach will be good enough to let my offense guys get a breath... lol This one will just be fun, probably my first Dynasty with basic named rosters where I learn the ins and outs of the game.

Also, will use custom conferences in this one and have a ball with that.

DC

This will be the one where I export my draft classes to Madden. Using all accurate and fully player/coach named roster. My own defensive playbook, a hybrid type of defense. Will build my D-line closer like a 3-4, will insert 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB depending on formation, OLB will be rushers and zone players, while MLB and CBs more on coverage and favor zone.

I want to run the 4-4, hopefully I can get a diverse enough playbook to utilize fully. Will also run 4-2-5 for certain situations and base 43/34 plays too. Will start at FIU, so will take the time to fully develop my playbook (basically, if 4-4 / 3-4 / whatever doesn't work in game then I'll drop it), so that by the time I work up high enough to land a middle tier school I'll have the system I will use in place.

Dream job, Florida HC, bring in my shutdown defensive philosophies and allow myself to be creative on offense.

EDIT: Oh yeah, will build a team on madden similarly defensively (probably Denver) and maybe be able to draft my own guys and plug em in.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-25-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: What Playbook, First Coaching Position/Philosophy and Future Job do you want?

I'll think I would work best as a DC for Illinois in one dynasty and the OC for say a Colorado or Kansas.

This year's game is going to be fun!!

Join the MOVEment -- RespeKt My Gamer
Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 AM   #35
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
OC

Start career at any 1* school, bring in my own playbook, the Wild Heart Attack. Will be a hurry up/no huddle heavy run spread n' gun n' shoot n' option n' score n' fumble. Probably will consist of spread ace formations, jet sweeps/misdirection/trick plays/Steve Spurrier, wishbone, gotham spread, anything crazy. Focus more on a few formations with a few looks each, but diverse plays to run from each. Will work my way up to any powerhouse (prefer SEC) that's been struggling.

Basically I want to shatter what OU did a few years back and primarily be a shootout school school. My defense as a head coach will be good enough to let my offense guys get a breath... lol This one will just be fun, probably my first Dynasty with basic named rosters where I learn the ins and outs of the game.

Also, will use custom conferences in this one and have a ball with that.

DC

This will be the one where I export my draft classes to Madden. Using all accurate and fully player/coach named roster. My own defensive playbook, a hybrid type of defense. Will build my D-line closer like a 3-4, will insert 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB depending on formation, OLB will be rushers and zone players, while MLB and CBs more on coverage and favor zone.

I want to run the 4-4, hopefully I can get a diverse enough playbook to utilize fully. Will also run 4-2-5 for certain situations and base 43/34 plays too. Will start at FIU, so will take the time to fully develop my playbook (basically, if 4-4 / 3-4 / whatever doesn't work in game then I'll drop it), so that by the time I work up high enough to land a middle tier school I'll have the system I will use in place.

Dream job, Florida HC, bring in my shutdown defensive philosophies and allow myself to be creative on offense.

EDIT: Oh yeah, will build a team on madden similarly defensively (probably Denver) and maybe be able to draft my own guys and plug em in.
WTH is the Gotham Spread? Also love the sound of the wild heart attack. Sounds like a make or break O and thats just how I like it.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #36
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaticus
WTH is the Gotham Spread? Also love the sound of the wild heart attack. Sounds like a make or break O and thats just how I like it.
From what I've heard, it's more or less a spread style offense ran out of ace instead of shotgun, so I'll just get as many spread ace formations as I can find in the game. Gonna have fun with this one, hopefully it's more of a make and not a break offense lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »