Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Coaching Carousel Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Could be any number of things.. Conference finish? Maybe all 6 of those losses were in conference... could be total wins over the term of the contract... or could be nothing... like Ralph Friedgen getting canned after being ACC coach of the year.
True....or it could simply have been because they had a 90 rated rated offense and 89 rated defense with being 89 over all. So therefore probably expected them to win the ACC or at least come in second in the ACC.

Or like you said, they lost to all of their rivals that season. Which in a way is a good thing. It would make rivalry games actually mean something.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #18
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Watching the CC play out is a really cool feature, but I hope the A+ OCs who got hired as a HC don't keep their A prestige. Surely they will drop before the season starts right?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #19
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

Looks like a fun addition to the game. In my opinion, they had way too many OC, DC, and HC's with A+ ratings but that is the beauty of being able to edit coaches. I think that there should be a few A+ ratings and that it should vary all the way down. Is anybody considering creating coaches? If so, what is your plan for different coaches? Might be a good idea to create a google doc to start some discussion about various coaches and what their prestige should be...
Old 05-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #20
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
Why would prestige change? Think of it this way Monte Kiffin is a DC at USC if he became a Head coach does he all of a sudden become less prestigious. That wouldn't make sense. If it was an experience rating tied to this stuff that would be the one that should change if your position changes.

If this was the case then there would be NO point to having Will Muschamp (B or B+ can't remember) as the HC at Florida when their OC Charlie Weis is an A+. That makes no sense at all, plus you're saying that these OC's are just as good as Saban? Come on mane.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #21
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Charlie Weis is no A+. Maybe in the NFL, but not in college.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikolec
Looks like a fun addition to the game. In my opinion, they had way too many OC, DC, and HC's with A+ ratings but that is the beauty of being able to edit coaches. I think that there should be a few A+ ratings and that it should vary all the way down. Is anybody considering creating coaches? If so, what is your plan for different coaches? Might be a good idea to create a google doc to start some discussion about various coaches and what their prestige should be...
I agree. HOw many A+ coaches you think there should be?
Old 05-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Pretty disappointed that they still didn't really say much about the affects of the coaches. Yes, EA, we know coaches affect progression. Tell us how much. If it is nothing major, which I am thinking, then coaches will hardly matter.

It's also really disappointing to see a coach go from an A+ OC to an A+ HC. That makes no sense and is just another fault in the CC.

The only positive the CC brings to this years game looks to be schemes changing over time for teams. Other than that the dynasty doesn't look to be affected much by it. We have a foundation though, but I am expecting big big things next year.
Not sure if I agree here. Muschamp was certainly a high-prestige coordinator whose prestige easily carried over to his new head coaching position. Same thing with Miss. St's coach who is already being talked about for other, even higher head coaching positions.
In fact, in this day and age of multi-million dollar contracts and TV-contracts, I think more and more HC's are hired from OC/DC poistions already carrying our video-game's 'high prestige' concept. IMHO, the 'taking a chance on potential' ideal has declined as more schools are looking to not skip a beat, not wait for a new HC to mature. They want to win yesterday, not in a year or two, hence, "let's hire a high-profile HC/OC/DC."
Just my thoughts and opinions, though.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #24
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Charlie Weis is no A+. Maybe in the NFL, but not in college.

Not up to me that's his rating in the game look it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »