Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Coaching Carousel Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
If CC bothers you this much then you don't need to buy NCAA '12 and need to stop posting and reading all the info the second it comes on.
I'm sorry that me not liking the CC bothers you so much. This forum is supposed to be used for discussions . We are in the NCAA 12 Boards and in the topic about the Coaching Carousel, so thats what I will talk about. Since I do not like how EA has implemented the CC, then I am going to be negative towards it i my posts.

I don't understand why everyone jumps on me for wanting a better CC, but no one jumped on me for liking their improvements to defense, but still criticizing it. Am I not allowed to dislike the CC?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I agree. Add Joe Paterno to that list, and you're good. No more than 10 HC's at a time should ever have an A+ rating. But like I said, it seems as if this is something that could be fixed through editing the Coaches.
Disagree with JoePa. He should be like Spurrier and be an A tho. Not A+ cause he hasn't done anything in a while.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #43
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Not like that never happened in the NFL with several teams before. Is not Mark Martz a better coach then Lovie Smith ?
Martz is far more name than game. In his first year as a HC he was stellar with the team Dick Vermeil built and he had only one other good year that ended with a one and done playoff run to the Panthers and X-Clown. Since then he's bounced around from team to team while Smith has been the head coach of the same team for 7-8 years.

But more to the point of the ratings issue; I agree there should only be a select few A+ rated coaches since there are no other ratings to offset it.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #44
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm sorry that me not liking the CC bothers you so much. This forum is supposed to be used for discussions . We are in the NCAA 12 Boards and in the topic about the Coaching Carousel, so thats what I will talk about. Since I do not like how EA has implemented the CC, then I am going to be negative towards it i my posts.

I don't understand why everyone jumps on me for wanting a better CC, but no one jumped on me for liking their improvements to defense, but still criticizing it. Am I not allowed to dislike the CC?
Read the TOS on agenda posting...there's a fine line.

I think the CC is okay... but I don't care much... I was fine with just being offered contracts from bigger schools. I'm intrigued by starting off as an assistant tho
Old 05-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

No I agree with you bro. Can't just be happy with what you're given. Have to push them for more progress. ANd your calm level headed tone is appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #46
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Canes, It's not that you don't like it. The problem is you've brought it up at every single avenue you could. You've made your stance pretty clear, at this point it's just becoming unnecessary.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #47
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

Yeh, I'm not complaining about NCAA 12, it looks awesome. As a matter of fact I haven't been this excited about NCAA in a while. Honestly I wasn't sure if we were getting CC or not, found out we were and I jumped for joy. The fact that we can be an OC/DC I didn't expect and that makes a huge jump.

However when I found out that CC did not have coaches ratings and only relied on prestige that got me a little disappointed. Not enough to where I won't buy the game or even play dynasty it still will be great. But the reason I talk about the need for coaches ratings is only so more people can see how this can be expanded on next year. If everyone is satisfied then we will not see the improvement we could see.

I'm only going to mention this once but CH2k8 had coaches ratings and if the reason EA didn't go that route was a pride thing then that disappoints me even more. The coaches ratings are like the player ratings, someone invented player ratings a long time ago and now every game uses them. Well now that we have coaches in the game ratings for them are necessary as well because they have different attributes that make them great coaches. Lane Kiffin is a great at recruiting, but does not have much charisma. Nick Saban is one of the elite coaches that excels at every attribute along with a few other coaches. People need to see how much better the CC would be with ratings. This doesn't mean I think the CC this year is bad, but I do think it can be improved next year.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #48
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Read the TOS on agenda posting...there's a fine line.

I think the CC is okay... but I don't care much... I was fine with just being offered contracts from bigger schools. I'm intrigued by starting off as an assistant tho

You guys are ridiculous, please go back and read every post he has had. 1st he'll state his one opinion and then someone will bash him for it, so he will defend himself. The person you should be targeting are those who bash others opinions, not those who try to develop a coversation about how to improve the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »