Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #65
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Coaching Carousel Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
I'm curious as to how they would put ratings in for coaches. I mean think about it. How does the OC and DC ratings matter if the HC has O and D ratings? It kinda eliminates them from the equation. Same goes vice versa. If the OC and DC have ratings then the HC ratings don't matter.

On a slightly different note how in the world do you know what the defense ratings are for an OC? This is important because what if he gets a HC job? Ratings would be great, but there really isn't any way to come up with the ratings. If we as a community come up with a good way to create ratings maybe they could take a look for next year. Thoughts?

Yeh we just created a thread a few minutes ago on improving CC. Here's the link and we'd love to hear some ideas.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-carousel.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I'm curious as to how they would put ratings in for coaches. I mean think about it. How does the OC and DC ratings matter if the HC has O and D ratings? It kinda eliminates them from the equation. Same goes vice versa. If the OC and DC have ratings then the HC ratings don't matter.

On a slightly different note how in the world do you know what the defense ratings are for an OC? This is important because what if he gets a HC job? Ratings would be great, but there really isn't any way to come up with the ratings. If we as a community come up with a good way to create ratings maybe they could take a look for next year. Thoughts?
Boom. Great post.

I would guess figuring the defense rating for an OC would be similar to how they rate players.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #67
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

The one thing that stood out to me that I do not like is that schools were letting coaches contracts expire and then rehiring them... those should not show up as openings in the carousel screen. That almost never happens in real life.. In real life a coach is usually extended before his contract is up or fired before it is up, but hardly ever goes to the end of his contract before signing a new one with the same school.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 05-25-2011, 02:52 PM   #68
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Maybe it would be a 50/50 spit in terms of impact. Basically a Head coaches offensive rating could impact the offense at the same time as the OC. Say you're HC has an offensive rating of B- while you OC has an A rating, They could balance each other out, or just have a shared bonus. There's a lot of possibility here.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #69
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Maybe it would be a 50/50 spit in terms of impact. Basically a Head coaches offensive rating could impact the offense at the same time as the OC. Say you're HC has an offensive rating of B- while you OC has an A rating, They could balance each other out, or just have a shared bonus. There's a lot of possibility here.

Yeh I thought this was going to be how it would work, but if it is that's no good that we can't hire/fire OC/DCs.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #70
Rookie

nolesfan3's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
The one thing that stood out to me that I do not like is that schools were letting coaches contracts expire and then rehiring them... those should not show up as openings in the carousel screen. That almost never happens in real life.. In real life a coach is usually extended before his contract is up or fired before it is up, but hardly ever goes to the end of his contract before signing a new one with the same school.
I didn't like that either. When I first saw the Nevada needed a new coach after going 11-2 and their old coach was A+, I just assumed he got hired for a better job, but when he resigned to Nevada, it just kinda seemed pointless to me

Go Noles!!

Xbox: NolesEM
PSN: ShowsOver

Last edited by nolesfan3; 05-25-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #71
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Has anybody had any info on how long it takes to work your way up? If I meet all my goals every season how long would it take to climb from a 1 star OC to say HC at OSU? I love how it sounds but I hope it takes a while to get up that high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 9

I think that the hc should choose how much of a split he and the coordinators have. for example if a dc get a hc job but has no offensive skills, he can differ the offense 100% to the oc. also if the current dc at the new job sucks the hc can take full responsibility and be the dc and the hc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »