Home

3-4 guys......

This is a discussion on 3-4 guys...... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
3-4 guys......

Am I the only one who cannot get a pass rush against the LT from my ROLB unless I lower the pblk to exploitable level (I know that normally LTs are stronger in pass blocking but I play as TAMU and Von MIller was properly rated in the mid to high 90s in the pass rush ratings so why is it that I could get zero "rush" from Von and my 79 OVR LOLB is having a field day against the RT? I am not looking to have above average "rushes" but just some type of "rush" am I the only one whom hasn't found the good balance for pblk and prush? I ask because surely when NCAA FOOTBALL12 comes out the DC that I plan to be will surely has sacks as goal that has to be met. TIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 3-4 guys......

Admittedly I never ran a pure 3-4 defense but playing against a CPU 3-4, I noticed most of the pressure came from up the middle with blitzing MLBs and even the nose tackle.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescorpio1985
Am I the only one who cannot get a pass rush against the LT from my ROLB unless I lower the pblk to exploitable level (I know that normally LTs are stronger in pass blocking but I play as TAMU and Von MIller was properly rated in the mid to high 90s in the pass rush ratings so why is it that I could get zero "rush" from Von and my 79 OVR LOLB is having a field day against the RT? I am not looking to have above average "rushes" but just some type of "rush" am I the only one whom hasn't found the good balance for pblk and prush? I ask because surely when NCAA FOOTBALL12 comes out the DC that I plan to be will surely has sacks as goal that has to be met. TIA

Because of the flawed CPU pocket logic, no, you will never be able to get a pass rush from the offensive left, because EA built the QB logic to only scramble to the right. Disclaimer: I use the term "scramble" loosely in that sentence, since technically it's not scrambling, it's like the QB is taking a nice mid-afternoon walk. Anyways, the pocket that is formed by the o-line favors this flaw and tries to push the d-line around to the left, so the QB is free to move to the right while he goes through his progression. In NCAA 2010 and 2011 this is the case, and it's so bad that I have completely stopped blitzing from the left at all. I only blitz from the right, and I get a lot of pressure out of the 3-4.

To get pressure with Von Miller, change his position to LOLB, so he's rushing from the offensive right, and anytime you blitz (rushing more than 4 players), always blitz from the offensive right. Miller will end the season with 10+ sacks if you do this.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #4
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89OneHanded
Because of the flawed CPU pocket logic, no, you will never be able to get a pass rush from the offensive left, because EA built the QB logic to only scramble to the right. Disclaimer: I use the term "scramble" loosely in that sentence, since technically it's not scrambling, it's like the QB is taking a nice mid-afternoon walk. Anyways, the pocket that is formed by the o-line favors this flaw and tries to push the d-line around to the left, so the QB is free to move to the right while he goes through his progression. In NCAA 2010 and 2011 this is the case, and it's so bad that I have completely stopped blitzing from the left at all. I only blitz from the right, and I get a lot of pressure out of the 3-4.

To get pressure with Von Miller, change his position to LOLB, so he's rushing from the offensive right, and anytime you blitz (rushing more than 4 players), always blitz from the offensive right. Miller will end the season with 10+ sacks if you do this.
More power to you, man. I tried running the 3-4 (Georgia) and was seriously struggling to get any pass rush. Without DL weight truly mattering, I couldn't get a space-eating NT to take up enough room to get my LBs moving effectively. I wound up shifting to a 4-3 where the D-Line seems much more effective. Then my LBs mobbed it up with sacks.

But, yeah, you'll never get pressure from the offensive-left side - swap VM to LOLB.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Last edited by WipeOut464; 05-26-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 32

I'd either move Miller to LOLB or manually control the LOLB and keep Miller at ROLB. Either way he should get sacks. I get more sacks with the CPU controlled players than they guy I am controlling.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Don't want to have to "settle" for this but I was just looking for clarification hopefully this can be tuned for NCAA12 because I enjoy mixing up my blitzes....anyways thanks for the clarification and SMDH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »