Home

NCAA 12 top 25 rankings

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 top 25 rankings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #33
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA 12 top 25 rankings

I would say Michigan State is a little higher than I expected. Lost some LB's and O-line I believe.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
I would say Michigan State is a little higher than I expected. Lost some LB's and O-line I believe.
But they got a rockin Quarterback, 3 solid running backs, good wide receiver core and Jerel Worthy ('nuff said)
Old 05-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #35
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpain2345
The way Saban coaches, he doesn't need a game-changing QB, just a game-managing QB (McElroy and John Parker Wilson)

as for the RB, they have Trent Richardson who could be considered the best back in the SEC, at WR they still have the same core as last year plus they are getting Duron Carter who might be starting at tOSU if he had been any good in school.. they will be good this year
Ya but not having a one will come back to bite you sometimes see South Carolina game... Like I said the will be a top team in the country but I still don't see how your all of sudden a better team after losing your top starters.. No matter who has been backup
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #36
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Dark Horse of The Year: San Diego State University. An amazing QB, and a great RB should keep them up in contention with the big boys. Also, they play at QUALCOMM stadium, and can get a solid 35k attendance per game, more than many other MWC teams can muster. Also, they just had a great year.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 8

There is no one on Alabama's schedule that can score enough points on their defense to beat them this year. I'd love to hear what games people think they are going to lose.

@ Penn State? LOL
@ FL? LMAO.
LSU at home? I could see it, but it's in Bama.
@Auburn? Payback will be brutal.
Arkansas? At home. I could see it being interesting but still not a loss for Bama.
@ MS ST? This could be the one road game I could see them getting all they can handle and some.

So, based on what I deem a favorable schedule with 10 starters back on defense, a RB on offense who is more talented than the one they lost(yes I said it), two starting WR's back from last year, and some very talented QBs vying for the starting job...yes, I see them at #2. Because as I said, other than Arkansas and their good offense(and even they have a new QB), none of the other sc hools on the schedule have great or even good offenses IMO.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #38
Rookie

shad_moss93's Arena

OVR: 8

I think the top 25 rankings should be updated weekly during the season to reflect real top 25 rankings

Last edited by shad_moss93; 05-25-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #39
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Ya but not having a one will come back to bite you sometimes see South Carolina game... Like I said the will be a top team in the country but I still don't see how your all of sudden a better team after losing your top starters.. No matter who has been backup

See that's the problem you're focusing on stars but there was only 1 on offense that was big Julio Jones. Ingram will be replaced by Richardson and McElroy can be replaced as well. The TEAM part is what matters and is what I'm focused on, they return like 9 starters on defense, which was the #3 defense in the nation last year. That's too much experience coming back on that side of the ball along with maybe the best RB in the country on the otherside, Trent Richardson.

Last edited by sparkdawg777; 05-25-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #40
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
There is no one on Alabama's schedule that can score enough points on their defense to beat them this year. I'd love to hear what games people think they are going to lose.

@ Penn State? LOL
@ FL? LMAO.
LSU at home? I could see it, but it's in Bama.
@Auburn? Payback will be brutal.
Arkansas? At home. I could see it being interesting but still not a loss for Bama.
@ MS ST? This could be the one road game I could see them getting all they can handle and some.

So, based on what I deem a favorable schedule with 10 starters back on defense, a RB on offense who is more talented than the one they lost(yes I said it), two starting WR's back from last year, and some very talented QBs vying for the starting job...yes, I see them at #2. Because as I said, other than Arkansas and their good offense(and even they have a new QB), none of the other sc hools on the schedule have great or even good offenses IMO.
Obviously Alabama will be unstoppable this year. They will destroy all of the massively inferior opponents they face and teams will be lucky to get a first down. Their average margin of victory in the SEC will be 56-0.

Anyone with half a brain can see that. Common sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »