Home

Weight importance?

This is a discussion on Weight importance? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Weight importance?

Does anyone know if they have made weight important when it comes to players? Like generally speaking, the bigger you are, the stronger you are and so that there aren't 200 lb DE's standing up 325 lb T's.

IMO it should be a huge part of the game. I mean that's what football is predicated on more than any other sport, size. While there are some exceptions, for the most part, players that have great size tend to wear on the competition and are stronger. I guess what I'm trying to say, is EA even close to implementing this into the game at some point? Would be very nice, not to mention extremely realistic to see it in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Weight importance?

Your right !
Weight should mean a lot in this game. I have heard a commentator say while I was watching a game the main difference between the big schools and smaller schools is in the trenches.

He said that every school now has a small speedy playmaker/s but that the difference is on the line. Not every school has 300lb + lineman. Not that size is the key to success. But it does matter.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

IIRC, Haumiller said in one of the Q&A sessions that weight would play a factor (along with strength, break tackle, etc.) in tackle-type interactions. Not sure if that carries over into line interactions but man I wish it would. It kills me seeing a DB stone a pulling guard on a power run. Plus, it'd keep cheesers from putting 180lb safeties in a MLB or DE.

If weight is fixed, though, they definitely need to fix weight progression too. You can't be having 205lb 5* freshman DEs leave the program as 215lb seniors. Plus, it'd make you think twice about starting a feather-weight freshman lineman before he's had a chance to bulk up with a redshift year.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 05-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Sure hope so. College football imo is the one sport this matters more than anything. You can have a solid career in college just because you are huge, or fast, etc. Pro not as much as you have to have intangibles to go along, which in college especially in BCS conference you must have some but you can get by being huge and just average.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

From what I've heard, weight and momentum will play a factor in tackles, but it doesn't sound like it will have any impact in blocking situations.

I'm not involved in the process and they haven't said it won't factor into the line play, so don't take this as fact. However, the fact that it hasn't been mentioned at this point doesn't bode well for us. Disappointing, because as someone above said, I'm tired of seeing people putting DBs all over the field because they can hold their own against any blocker, no matter how big. They should be getting steamrolled by the "Big Uglies" up front.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Let's hope it does. Just look at Wisconsin. Those big ugly's are not the best O-Lineman in the nation, but they are huge and push almost anyone out of the way year after year.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

I hope this plays a factor.....obviously momentum matters this time but I'd hate to see a power running back 230lbs get lit up by a 175lbs cornerback

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Old 05-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

This has been one of the most overlooked, important things from the Madden/NCAA franchises. Height, too.

That being said, I'm positive that this is not something that is easy to replicate through a video game.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »