Home

New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #49
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
People love to whine. Every company looks to maximize profits. That is Capitalism which many like to tout....until it is actually at work.
Uh no. Refusing to buy a product or complaining about it IS part of capitalism. Nobody is saying they can't charge $1,000 for the game if they want. That's their right, but it's also our right as consumers to refuse to buy it AND whine about it if we want. That's all part of capitalism too. You know what's against the spirit of capitalism though? One company being the only one with the rights to make a college football game.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #50
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I understand this is how businesses operate. I graduated with a Media degree and rubbed elbows with the marketing majors every day. But in this case, we're not talking about a written advertisement where people simply didn't read the fine print. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any fine print explaining the additional charges on the promotional video when they talked about the super sim tools. There was no way for us to know when they were talking about this that it would require an extra charge. They talked about it as though it was included in the game, and then quietly released information about the additional charge at a later date. Again, not so much the cost, as it is these deceptive tactics that is such a slap in the face.
As I said in the Madden thread, interesting there is a bit of outrage in the video game industry , but no noises in the fast food industry.

I've always ordered a grilled chicken sammy at McDonalds with extra barbecue sauce free of charge. One day I order the extra sauce, and they said .37 cents please. I didn't pay for it, because I didn't need it anymore. Not the money there, either. I wasn't given a link to a video or consumer notification.

I no longer add the extra sauce because "I don't need it."
Old 05-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #51
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
People love to whine. Every company looks to maximize profits. That is Capitalism which many like to tout....until it is actually at work.

If you think the cost of the game plus the add-ons that you "need" aren't worth it, then don't buy it. If enough people feel the same, then EA will have to change. Economics at work. But you aren't as entitled as you think you are, and EA doesn't owe you Jack.
They owe us to allow us full editing of players but I agree with eveything else u've said.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #52
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

roadman,

I 100% agree with your statement. Inflation is real and the price of these games has been constant for several years. I'm very surprised the games are at least $65 nowadays.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 7

A lot of good points in here and you can really see the entitlement nature coming out. Sure, I don't like the fact that I have to spend extra money for extra features (DLC)...but who does? Wouldn't it be awesome if you could buy a fully loaded Lexus for the price of a Toyota? Heck yeah, but unfortunately that's not how business in the private sector works. I prefer to have the OPTION to buy additional features if I think they're worth it. As long as it stays away from the "meat and potatoes" of the game I think it will be fine.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 16
it is only $3 but until ea puts there all in, madden, ncaa fightnight ect. $59 is all they gonna get from me
Old 05-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #55
Banned

tpain2345's Arena

OVR: 3

I love getting on here every day and seeing these red threads that have articles with old info.. I especially like it when the titles of said threads are broad and make me think new things have been released since I last checked and that I'm going to have to pay for them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #56
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Some people here would never last in a logic class. Cali State University has a nice explanation of a slippery slope fallacy here.

http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/fallac...Slippery slope

EA charges for a feature that not nearly everyone will use, and took a good undertaking, along with added stress on servers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »