Home

Does EA Sports hate Purdue?

This is a discussion on Does EA Sports hate Purdue? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #41
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Does EA Sports hate Purdue?

It is possible. I thought I saw a screenshot of Purdue. If it was them they were wearing the black jersey with gold pants at home. Beginning last season, they started the all black at home. Ok so it's a minute detail, but usually they get stuff like that fixed year to year. I was hoping they'd be able to this year, but luckily it's something you can change before the game by choosing custom uniforms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #42
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

If I can throw a guess out there. The reason I would say your recruiting might be suffering is because many recruits are weighted to favor home town teams. So teams in Michigan, Florida, Ohio, California, Texas, Alabama, Georgia...etc. tend to better compete for the better talent due to the talent being home grown. For instance in my dynasties I often see Alabama, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Michigan, USC, Florida, Florida State, Texas get the great recruits. I also noticed cpu teams that start high tend to stay there such as Oregon, Notre Dame and Oklahoma. Are the recruiting classes for teams such as Notre Dame any significantly better than yours or garnering more interest if you did a search for both your team and Notre Dame?

Having better home state talent also provides a good base for many of these teams to compete better for national talent as well in my opinion.

As for getting passed up. Maybe your overall team ratings are impacting you?

Do you have A+'s for your team ratings, or do the teams that are passing you have the A+'s?

Last edited by UniversityofArizona; 05-26-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #43
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

First off, those who keep complaining about how or why the original poster won National titles at Purdue need to get a life and realize that's not the purpose of the thread anyways.

Secondly, Ive had similar issues with WVU (playing in a realigned ACC). Last year, in the 3rd or 4th season of my dynasty, I had my first undefeated season. Out of conference, I played my in state rival Marshall, and three BCS conference teams who were ranked in the preseason. I beat three or four ACC teams who were ranked at the end of the season, won the ACC title game against another team in the to 10....

At the end of the year, I was the ONLY undefeated team in the NCAA, and finished SIXTH in the polls after the conference title games! That is about the bigges slap in the face I can think of in the game.

I also had much, much more difficultly recruiting (on default) last year than in previous years. For whatever reason, I would start out in the top three of recruits by the score, only to have them decide to go to another school at the last minute.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

^That sounds horrible! I don't think an undefeated team in today's NCAA would not be #1 if they're the only unbeaten unless they're in a really bad conference.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:21 AM   #45
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Its not just Purdue, the ranking system is flawed if you're not playing as a historically great team. I play in an OD as Mizzou, coming off a National Championship and rated A+ in all categories, and I keep dropping in rank despite outscoring my opponents 8 to 1 and being undefeated. I get jumped by USC, Florida, Ohio St, Alabama, Boise St and Notre Dame. Every season, USC gets place #1 despite not winning a National Championship and have an average roster. Style points, strength of schedule and overall talent seem not to be factored into rankings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 04:31 AM   #46
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

You've won 5 National titles, 3 in-a-row, and you're worried about your rank?

Old 05-27-2011, 05:13 AM   #47
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Why are so you concerned with 5* recruits? Are you trying to win the recruiting ranking or the games ranking? 5*'s are highly over-rated in this game. I hardly ever even waste time trying to recruit them unless they happen to have me as their top school at the very start. Most of the top 100 players are just about equal, in many cases the 4*'s are even better then the 5*'s... and they are easier to recruit because the CPU's logic is to go for the highest rated, leaving the 4*'s wide open at the start of the season, giving you a chance to get an early lead.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 05-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #48
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

A random moment from one of my dynasties. A number of years after rebuilding WKU, as far as being in the Sun Belt goes, I went to the national title after having only played 1 winning record team in Troy. I jumped significantly better teams that only had 1 loss from many of the power conferences who despite the losses had far better resume's. I had no business being in the national title game and I lost in a resounding way. Still I find it interesting that EA felt I deserved a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »