Home

Does EA Sports hate Purdue?

This is a discussion on Does EA Sports hate Purdue? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #57
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Does EA Sports hate Purdue?

I strongly suspect EA loves Notre Dame, which is why every season they start out with 6-star prestige and at least B+ in overall, and always manage to win just about every recruiting battle they get into.

The Purdue hate might just be a side-effect from that.
- "Passing? What's That?" since 1984.

Skins Fans against Dan Snyder
Old 05-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #58
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blLLD0
EA Sports does hate Purdue. That's why the crowd is still an awful gold color instead of black like the student section wears. They also neglected to add the correct band members for the drum that will be in the game this year, instead opting for the easy way out and using the generic cheerleaders.
I don't think they hate Purdue, they just don't care about Purdue.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #59
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
I have noticed a lot of issues with the Top 25 and rankings in NCAA in general. I wish I had a suggestion for you... or even better, for EA. But I am far from a programmer.

Also, lets not forget that we are referring to one of the most subjective and broken ranking systems in any sport - IN REAL LIFE, let alone a video game.

How is the Big Ten performing in your Dynasty as a whole? Is Purdue the only decent team or are there teams constantly in the Top 15-25? That might have something to do with it.

Also, as far as your recruiting goes - the one thing you can't change is the name of your school. Purdue just isn't Notre Dame. Just like Boise State simply isn't USC or any other western US power program.

I know that doesn't help, but try to think of it this way.

If you took Western Kentucky and made them into a 6-Star Program by season 10 and got them into the Big East or something. Do you think they would realistically compete with other teams of the region? (SEC schools in particular) for Big name recruits.

I know it sucks... but as Juliet says 'Whats in a name?'.... In college football.... A LOT.

Hypothetically, if you took Tulsa and went on a BCS rampage for 10 years winning 10+ games each season and won 8 out of 10 bowl games including an NC, you should become a powerhouse. Boise St. did it over the past 10 years, so why can't the user be THAT team that makes a name for themselves and is in the conversation for a BSC game? All of the programs have to start somewhere.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Yea, this is just crazy that you are getting passed over so much. I'm also curious as to how they program these rankings. An undefeated WVU team in the ACC is 6th, that is just wrong. The ACC isn't incredibly strong, but still, we're talking at least top 2 or 3 minimum. Only one BCS computer actually releases the calculations (Colley) so I wonder if they even use the real BCS computer rankings? Too bad EA can't put more weight on the computers (if they are accurate) and just put the human polls in there for the sake of tradition. We may not like the computers, but at least it is a program giving us a ranking and not some program meant to reflect human decision. I doubt the computers would put an undefeated team that low unless it was a Boise State, and even then, several computers have had BSU pretty high while undefeated.

There are no "computer rankings" in the game. If you look, you will see that the "BCS poll" in the game is no more than

(coaches poll points + media poll points) / (whatever the maximum total points is)

Of course, in game, those are really computer rankings anyway, since noone is actually voting.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 AM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
I don't think they hate Purdue, they just don't care about Purdue.
I think EA Sports doesn't care about any team except for top 25 teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #62
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
I think EA Sports doesn't care about any team except for top 25 teams.
I'd say it's even less then that, Alabama vs Ohio State is the national championship game almost every single year in my last Dynasty.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
I'd say it's even less then that, Alabama vs Ohio State is the national championship game almost every single year in my last Dynasty.
Well that puts it down to EA Sports only caring about the top 5-10 teams in the NCAA.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:47 PM   #64
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by talksnmaths
I think that observation has some legs. It seems that so far playing in the Big 10, if I don't play OSU, PSU and Michigan in the same season, the one team that I don't play will always end up going undefeated and I'll end up sharing the championship with them.
Take matter into your own hands, control a team in the Big Ten that you play and beat on of the teams that get the unfair advantage. Ensure that the big time schools can't use their past to get ahead of you in the now (or rather 12 years from now). The SEC always gets a boost after their championship game even if they beat a #24 team with a 7-5 record in the game so if there is ever an SEC team ranked #3 control their opponent in the SECCG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talksnmaths
I do that already. I always setup one patsy so that I can run up the score and the rest of the non-conference games I setup ranked opponents.
Make sure that patsy is in a good conference though, or since it would appear you are good enough to beat most teams don't bother doing the patsy until you are no longer getting screwed by the rankings etc. And make sure you SPREAD OUT the times that you play these teams. If you schedule all of your big opponents in the first couple of weeks you won't be able to compete near the end of the season when top teams are playing other top teams within their conferences.

quick question what was Purdue's Academic Prestige rating when you started the dynasty? For some reason Georgia Tech's rating is 4 Stars despite it being consistently in the top 10 among public schools (hovering around #7 over the past couple of years) and it is right up there with MIT in terms of engineering, how is that not worthy of a 6 star rating?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »