Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #65
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Took the words out of my mouth

BUT IT SHOULD BE ACTUAL TEAMS, NOT FCS WEST, BROOOOOOOO
They say they cant go above 120 teams....

But all of the blank FCS teams, that we cant edit, are in the game too !

So let us replace those FCS teams with TeamBuilder teams, are atleast let us edit the FCS teams !

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
To the people upset that conferences of four will play FCS teams, think of it like this: if the WAC is raided of all of its teams, save four, where are they going to get the teams to fill the ranks? The FCS. So it's no different than that, really.
That's only good if you are talking the present. I'm going back to make historical alignments. The 1978 Southland Conference only has 4 teams that currently in FBS. All the other teams are FCS or don't play football any more. Now if i wanted, I could do Teambuilder, bring up some of the schools that played back then and switch out the Sun Belt teams that don't exist and some others. But I was content with having my 4-team Southland. They didn't play FCS schools back then (as in they didn't play FCS teams in conference)

So, yes, if you making the WAC of today, that makes sense; but if you making smaller conferences of the past, it is unnecessary. Schedule FCS games OOC if they are lacking games, but don't force a 4-team conference into a 7-game schedule.

Last edited by dochalladay32; 05-27-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #67
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Took the words out of my mouth

BUT IT SHOULD BE ACTUAL TEAMS, NOT FCS WEST, BROOOOOOOO
Oh, I understand that. I think it would be better if they weren't called FCS West, for example, and just some made up name like Seattle State, or something. Would be a little better, at least.

I just like to assume I'm ignorant as to why things can't be done in the game and roll with it.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #68
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
Still no word on whether conference patches will be adjusted to schools moving to new conferences in the game. Alabama will play with a SEC patch no matter what conference they are in.
Would like to know the answer to this as well. I'd be fine even if they simply removed the patch altogether when you move to a conference and not have anything on the jersey. Would be kind of silly to have a Pac-12 team still wearing the pretty bold conference patch while playing in the Big-12 or something.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #69
Rookie

Jeff George's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Custom Conferences Blog up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Same here. After year2 I'll be moving TCU to the Big East and BSU to the MWC and some of the other MWC changes, but that'll likely be about it.
Half your work is done, because Boise's already in the MWC for the 2011 season. The other changes (Fresno State, Hawaii, Nevada to MWC; TCU to Big East) happen in 2012.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #70
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
I only have one question... probably be in future versions, but are we able to make certain teams not able to play in bowl games, such as USC this year?
Old 05-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #71
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
If you look at the screenshot of editing the BCS tie-ins, its has RB/LB next to "BCS Bowls". Could this mean editing other bowls is possible by changing screens? According to the blogs not everything has been revealed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #72
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Also, there has been nothing stating FCS teams will be generic Southwest, East, etc. They could be included but just not announced. I would refrain from criticizing something you are not sure hasn't been changed...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »