Home

Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

This is a discussion on Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

Hopefully we can add teams in like villanova to dynasty without removing teams , they may join the big east in 2012
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #26
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Honestly I would think of moving ND and TCU year 2 to the Big East, adding Marshall and Memphis to the Big East year 3 or 4.

Moving Houston year 2 and SMU year 3 to the Big 12. Giving all the BCS conferences a championship game. Then from there use fluidity to move teams from conference to conference (at a much slower rate). It wouldn't feel right to bounce everyone around quickly and the CUSA falls from 12 to 8 but with the logic the game has for rankings, all the BCS conferences would be given a championship game.

Depending on where the mountain west was, they may get a AQ Bid, or on the offshot the MAC or WAC stepped up. Or if they didn't do anything then leave it with the way it was. The Big East would get a boost from TCU and ND, but Marshall and Memphis would be more status quo. I rather have TCU be in the Big 12, but since they are set to join the Big East in real life I'll have to deal with it.

Can't blame EA for not having static conferences names though, the Pac 12 is the only one to have changed their name this season to account for movement.

Some other ideas would be moving Indiana/NW or Purdue (the most common bottom finisher in the Big Ten to the MAC and having the best MAC squad in the Big Ten.)
Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is not really realistic but it's what I want to do. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

ACC, Big 10, MAC, PAC12, and SEC stay the same.

Big 12
1. Iowa St
2. Kansas
3. Kansas St
4. Missouri
5. Baylor
6. Oklahoma
7. Oklahoma St
8. Texas
9. Texas A&M
10. Texas Tech
11. Houston
12. SMU

Big East
1. Cincinnati
2. Connecticut
3. Louisville
4. Pittsburgh
5. Rutgers
6. South Florida
7. Syracuse
8. West Virginia
9. Texas Christian
10. East Carolina
11. Navy
12. Temple

Mountain West
1. Air Force
2. Brigham Young
3. Boise St
4. Colorado St
5. New Mexico
6. San Diego St
7. UNLV
8. Wyoming
9. Fresno St
10. Hawaii
11. Nevada
12. Tulsa

CUSA
1. Memphis
2. Southern Miss
3. UAB
4. Rice
5. Tulane
6. N. Texas
7. Army
8. Marshall
9. Troy
10. UCF
11. UTEP
12. Louisiana Tech

Sun Belt
1. Arkansas St
2. Florida Atlantic
3. Florida International
4. LA-Lafayette
5. LA-Monroe
6. Middle Tennessee St
7. Western Kentucky

WAC
1. Idaho
2. New Mexico St
3. San Jose St
4. Utah St

Independent
1. Notre Dame
Old 05-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

great thread man. but i have to say that some of what you got is very unrealistic.
clemson would never leave but Georgia tech would. they are a charter member of the sec and south carolina is a charter member of the acc. this would make perfect sense as moving them would create a better region and give them all of georgia.

now arkansas was in negotiations last year about moving to the big 12 so that is very possible. they are original members with of the old southwest conference and are much bigger rivals with Texas and Texas A&M. Thats why the SEC tried to get Texas A&M last year. they were trying to keep Arkansas but the Colorado Nebraska departure and Texas Legislature didn't help that at all. but arkansas leaving is very realisitic and still very possible. Also Arkansas is one of the only two non charter members in the sec. South carolina being the other.

as far as the big east being NQ that's crazy. they are way better than the ACC in football. but they have less teams. they will get Boston College back at some point. Mark my words on that. BC cant handle the market drop from moving to the acc much longer. they need to back to their region. the big east will lose TCU though and probably pretty soon but they have much more solid teams and the ACC is just terrible in bowls the last 7 years.

the pac will go to 16 teams and i can see Boise, Fresno, and Idaho being three of those but idk about the fourth. Idaho is a Charter member but idk if the market share is strong enough in Idaho to take both teams so Boise for sure(plus idaho is terrible). Fresno of Course makes sense but now that BYU is independent i just dont know who else they will go after. Maybe Colorado St. but i just don't know but they are in such a good place with TV contract that it might stay 12 teams for a while.

ACC needs to realign to make the teams more regional on each side of the conference in my opinion but im sure im in the minority on that. if BC leaves i can see southern Florida moving into the conference to take their place. its one of the biggest schools and idk if U of F is as big. they meet stadium requirements for any conference in the country. i dont see the acc adding more teams than 12 anytime soon. but i do like the West Virginia move to the acc but no way that happens. better chance that the big east gets marshall(who they are already considering) to give them their rival in conference and the big east is eyeing temple to come back. why not they have a great academic school and are football only in the mac and are back on track. also providence will make the move and houston is being considered. I know i Know i hate those displaced teams in conferences far from home but thats the way its going.

Utep, Houston and SMU will make moves but im not sure where they go. Utep doesnt have the stadium to move to bcs qualifier and neither does smu but smu can easily make the upgrade with the endowment they have. SMU does have options of much bigger stadiums in the area and are in the second biggest tv market to houston which make both teams highly desirable.

Big Ten. who knows. ND is always a option but the damn trustees wont let it go down. Cinn. would make alot of sense as would rutgers who they have negotiated with before but its been a while. Big Ten love strong academic schools.

SEC does want to increase the size of conference but they will not move any charter members. so i truly think that no one leaves unless its ark. they could make a move for Florida St. which would make great sense to the school and for sec and also Southern Florida is on the radar of the SEC. im actually surprized how much talking the sec did last year with teams and about increasing membership. the sec also doesnt need to take two teams at a time which was said last year when they were talking to Texas A&M.

there will be more movent among the smaller conference especially the mountain west which seems to making a move for 16 teams and a BCS birth. they will be at 11 members after the current planned moves take place. Houston, Utep and SMU also very much on their radar. that would make 14 teams, with room to add someone like unlv and possibly Idaho.

just some thought about what is going out there. just because i wrote it doesnt mean i agree or think it will happen. this is speculation based off facts.

Last edited by thelasthurtknee; 05-27-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush22
If you want it to be realistic then Arkansas would stay in the SEC, and the Big East would keep it's AQ bid unless it loses Pitt, 'Cuse, West Virginia to the ACC/B10. Or West Virginia to the SEC although that is highly unlikely.

Obviously you can do what ever the hell you want but those are my two cents on trying to keep it realistic.
This. Some of the things guys are coming up with are so unrealistic that I think they kinda missed the point. i.e. Florida State and Miami would NEVER agree to go SEC or any school in the ACC for that matter because every school has a better chance at getting into a BCS Bowl from the ACC and won't play that murdurous SEC schedule.

I like how the Big East is right now but Notre Dame would go there instead of the Big 10 because they would have a better chance getting into a BCS game. TCU DOES NOT belong in the Bg East and would not move them there. Instead I would move them and Houston to the Big 12 because of the regional rivalries there and it is a better fit plus it makes the conference stronger. I would probably make Kansas and Kansas state swap divisions with oklahoma and oklahoma state but thats a thought right now. I even thought about adding SMU and UTEP OR Rice to the mix...

I like the dude that recreated 1991, the SWC is tempting to put back together...
this is cool...

BUT to each his own, I am just following the subject of the thread..

ben
voodoo
Old 05-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #30
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
This. Some of the things guys are coming up with are so unrealistic that I think they kinda missed the point. i.e. Florida State and Miami would NEVER agree to go SEC or any school in the ACC for that matter because every school has a better chance at getting into a BCS Bowl from the ACC and won't play that murdurous SEC schedule.

I like how the Big East is right now but Notre Dame would go there instead of the Big 10 because they would have a better chance getting into a BCS game. TCU DOES NOT belong in the Bg East and would not move them there. Instead I would move them and Houston to the Big 12 because of the regional rivalries there and it is a better fit plus it makes the conference stronger. I would probably make Kansas and Kansas state swap divisions with oklahoma and oklahoma state but thats a thought right now. I even thought about adding SMU and UTEP OR Rice to the mix...

I like the dude that recreated 1991, the SWC is tempting to put back together...
this is cool...

BUT to each his own, I am just following the subject of the thread..

ben
voodoo
schedules have nothing to do with anything. the trustess dont care about that. its money. everyone thought that the big east was gonna crash when VT, Miami and BC left but the big east has been better than the Acc. they are so many things more important the bcs. we might not even have it in 10 years. trust me they are going to do whats best for the school not for bowl bids. come on man you know this. its business.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #31
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
the pac will go to 16 teams and i can see Boise, Fresno, and Idaho being three of those but idk about the fourth. Idaho is a Charter member but idk if the market share is strong enough in Idaho to take both teams so Boise for sure(plus idaho is terrible). Fresno of Course makes sense but now that BYU is independent i just dont know who else they will go after. Maybe Colorado St. but i just don't know but they are in such a good place with TV contract that it might stay 12 teams for a while.
If the PAC goes to 16 teams they will in no way take BSU, Fresno or Idaho. Boise St and Fresno St are glorified Community Colleges academically speaking. The population base/market of the Idaho schools is much too small to increase the amount of money/school (would probably decrease actually).
Also Boise St. really doesn't have any other sports to speak of. Idaho is terrible at football.

The only way the PAC goes 16 is if Texas is involved.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #32
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
If the PAC goes to 16 teams they will in no way take BSU, Fresno or Idaho. Boise St and Fresno St are glorified Community Colleges academically speaking. The population base/market of the Idaho schools is much too small to increase the amount of money/school (would probably decrease actually).
Also Boise St. really doesn't have any other sports to speak of. Idaho is terrible at football.

The only way the PAC goes 16 is if Texas is involved.
yea i would agree with that. they have no motivation to take smaller teams with the new tv contract. Boise St. is growing fast in one of the fastest populating areas of country. that is something to look for in the future. both freson and idaho are shots in dark. Idaho is absolutly terrible in a hard place to recruit but Boise seeems to be able to do it. but i would thing that the pac is pretty happy with the 12 and the money they just got. I don't even know who else they could possible get. Texas isn't going. the only other team that was rumbled about at this years meeting was nebraska but wtf? they just moved and why would they play in the pac and do all that traveling? for what to play colorado(rival) once a year. makes no sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »