Home

Position Change Awareness

This is a discussion on Position Change Awareness within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Position Change Awareness

I agree 100% with what is being said here. It will be difficult for me to buy an NCAA game where progression and attributes/size is lacking realism

The main problem is that they don't want to change anything that could turn some people off; the risk of making some people disgruntled is too great so they don't want to radically change it IMO
Old 05-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Position Change Awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
I'm with you to an extent on this
I think the groupings should be (with subcategories):
  • QB (Dual Threat/Pro Style)
  • RB (Speed, Power)
  • OL (Pass Pro or Run Block)
  • DL (Rush or Run Stop)
  • LB (Rush or Run Stop)
  • DB (Man or Zone)
  • K/P
  • ATH (Skill and Jumbo)
That would be fine, and would clearly be ten times better than what we have now, but I would disagree, only insofar as those subcategories would be implied by the players' other ratings.

Like, initial data would be this:

1. Edorian Seppo - QB/DE - Detroit, MI (Cody) - 6-4, 265 - 4.55

Maybe he can't tackle. Maybe he's an awesome tackler but rubbish getting off blocks. Maybe he's actually got really nice, soft hands and would make a great TE. Maybe he's got good acceleration but low top-end speed. Maybe he's wicked slippery. Maybe he'll grow into a complete beast on the D-line. Maybe he's got 97 throwing power.

EDIT: (To be clear here, I mean, literally, maybe all those things are true, not meaning to imply it would be a mystery. Each player under this system would have multiple skillsets and thus multiple potentials.)

THAT'S the kind of "game" recruiting should be. It's no more tedious, it's no harder, but it would actually be intellectually engaging opposed to this current system that has us picking from a list of 18 2-star fullbacks because we "need" a "FB."

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 05-27-2011 at 09:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »