Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2011, 11:19 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 3
Hope i can customize the hieght and wieght of recruits in this game because if i cant i will be disappointed
Old 05-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #114
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel

I was wondering if poll logic was fixed and is conference prestige was dynamic.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:53 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The way you posed your question would not get the answer that you are really looking for.

Someone will of course point you back to the Dev's statement that it has been Tuned.

Problem is, they have said that player's should play more accurately to their classification (Scramble/Pocket QB etc..., at least it's been confirmed for QB's, don't know about other positions).

If this is true, then the problem will be that there is NO classification as a Pass Rusher for OL's, it's only Coverage or Run Stop.

For the 3rd year in a row, Gameplay got rushed through to all the external stuff, and folks have said, as in times past, there's still time just wait.

Well what happened, got a Gameplay blog that was mostly about Zones Coverage and suction blocking/tackling being fixed, but not explaining how it was done and people were happy with it because they wanted their Dynasty cake.

-don't forget about the NEW diving catch animation that was thrown into Gameplay discussion but nothing about WR's not jumping to catch the ball vs that dreadful "crouch-n-wait" animation that plays out.

Nevermind the meat-n-potatoes, the sweets always grab the attention.

To be truthful, Gameplay never got it's just do.
OK, some values have been tweaked up/down to fine tune, but it's doesn't mean it's fixed.
-Zone Coverage fix on paper sounded good, but there was Nano-Side stepping to get to those zones.

-Def players still changed direction on a dime in those coverages.

-LB's still Super Jumping and swatting/int balls that are designed to be caught 10 yrds past them.

Again, how can the 3-4 defense be fixed if players will play to their classification, yet there is no classification for a Pass Rushing OLB?

There were so many things Gameplay wise that needed to be addressed that this area simply got upstaged as usual by the other cosmetic stuff.

-What about how AWR decided the pecking order of who got the ball thrown to them? (that's why TE's had high receptions year-in, year-out)

-What about Pursuit Rating mirroring the Off Agility rating causing Def players to change direction on a dime.

**Has anything about ST been discussed at all?
-don't need to state the problems in this area and how many years the community has been waiting for this area to be addressed.

"When the rain comes and washes away the make-up, Oh what will the voices be saying with what they really see?"

Also, I wonder what was effected in order to get Skillz's Scrambling QB improved because they're only adjusting what's already there.

Because everything is linked together (as past tweaks has shown) something in another area will be effected also.
-whether good or bad, we will see within 2-3 days after release.

I like the other stuff that has been added or touched on, but I'm just concerned some real problematic issues have been bypassed to roll out those external things.

Can only wait and see though!!!
Maybe everything stated above will be as the Suction Blocking/Tackling, "No Longer in the game!"

Good post. I agree, to an extent. This will be the first NCAA where I'll probably just recruit and sim my way through dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sorry if this has been asked already but let say a coach gets the boot will he be available in the pool of coaches to pick from in the offseason?
Old 05-31-2011, 07:30 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw1717
Sorry if this has been asked already but let say a coach gets the boot will he be available in the pool of coaches to pick from in the offseason?
Yes

Spoiler

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »