Home

Option teams will recruit scambling QBs, But...

This is a discussion on Option teams will recruit scambling QBs, But... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Option teams will recruit scambling QBs, But...

I think there should be 4 types of qb's

1. Pocket passer: slow, ok to great arm, great accuracy(Mallet)
2. Balanced: not as slow as the pocket passer, good arm and accuracy, ok to good speed (Ponder)
3. Option: More of a rb playing qb, good arm bad accuracy, strong, higher break tackle, ok to good speed (Nesbit)
4. Scrambler/spread: great athlete, good arm and accuracy, good speed and quick, looks to throw and only runs when plays break down or a qb running play(Newton)

This way all qb classes are covered.
just my opinion.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGD419
I think they need some sort of "slider" that dictates how important it is for a team to recruit a specific type of player. Sounds confusing, I know, but here's an example using QB's as an example....

5- With the slider set at 5, the team should almost-exclusively be interested in scrambling QB's. Teams set at 5 should recruit 80%+ scrambling QB's.

4- With the slider set at 4, the team should target more scrambling QB's, but settle for more of a "balanced" option if the talent level is there. Teams set at 4 should recruit something like 65% scrambling QB's

3- With the slider set at 3, teams should be indifferent to what kind of quarterback s they recruit. 50/50 recruiting, just try to get the best QB available.

2- With the slider set at 2, the team should target more pocket passers, but be willing to settle for more of a balanced QB if the overall level of talent is there. Teams set at 2 should recruit about 65% pocket passers.

1- With the slider set at 1, the team should target almost-exclusively pocket passers. Teams set at 1 should recruit about 80%+ pocket passers.

Just my $.02.
I'm pretty sure that something similar to this has been implemented in the game for a while now for user teams. They have sliders for your recruiting preferences for each position, IE. QB: Scrambler/balanced/pocket, DE: Run stopper/balanced/pash rusher, etc. All they need to do is to implement these exact same sliders for every CPU team and allow us to edit them. They should also follow the coach when he moves around in the coach carousel.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Just to make a point, to run the spread offense you don't need an option QB. You can be just as succesful running the spread offense with a traditional pocket passer.. Your playcalling changes some, but the notion you need a mobile QB to run the spread is a fallacy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #12
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Just to make a point, to run the spread offense you don't need an option QB. You can be just as succesful running the spread offense with a traditional pocket passer.. Your playcalling changes some, but the notion you need a mobile QB to run the spread is a fallacy.
Yup, A lot of people forget that the Air raid offense for example, is a spread offense. With the success of the more run option oriented spread recently, i.e Oregon and Auburn, it's been overlooked.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #13
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
I assumed everyone knew that...I mean Texas Tech anyone?

EDIT: Dan beat me to it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 05-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I assumed everyone knew that...I mean Texas Tech anyone?
Right. The spread is about creating mismatches on defense and forcing the defense to cover the entire field. Being able to run the zone/read has zero to do with the success of the offense.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm pretty sure that something similar to this has been implemented in the game for a while now for user teams. They have sliders for your recruiting preferences for each position, IE. QB: Scrambler/balanced/pocket, DE: Run stopper/balanced/pash rusher, etc. All they need to do is to implement these exact same sliders for every CPU team and allow us to edit them. They should also follow the coach when he moves around in the coach carousel.
I know, but I think that those 3 options aren't enough. A team like GT should go after a scrambling 3* QB over a 5* QB that runs a 5.0 40 for as long as their running the triple option. These teams would be set at "5"

On the other, their may be teams that would prefer a running QB, but would take a pocket QB if the talent level was that much better then a team's other scrambling QB recruits. These teams would be set at "4"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #16
Rookie

BIGD419's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

See bold.

Thats a potential problem I think. While it is true that a coach like Chip Kelly would probably change his play-calling for a pocket passer in real like, we can't possibly expect "dynamic play calling" this year.

What I mean is whether Chip Kelly has the team he has now at Oregon, or is at another school in 10 years with a pocket passer(in the game, that is), his playbook and play calling will be the exact same. In order to make things work some-what like they do in real life, I think coaches in NCAA 12 will have to be hand cuffed to what their playbook and team looks like right now, not what it might look like in 15 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »