Home

Any word on improvments to CPU roster/recruiting management & offseason transfers?

This is a discussion on Any word on improvments to CPU roster/recruiting management & offseason transfers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
Rookie

Moses06's Arena

OVR: 4
Any word on improvments to CPU roster/recruiting management & offseason transfers?

NCAA 11 was a pretty good game and a welcome advancement of the next-gen version of the game. However, one of the things that really "irked" me during dynasty mode was the cpu's horrible roster management. They would over-recruit / horde several positions (i.e. 8 QB's, 10 WR's on the team) and under-recruit others (i.e. OL, TE, etc...). This caused the cpu to play the backup QB at S, LB, etc... and the backup RB & DT at OL in some cases (among other oddities). Although sometimes the CPU would do this anyway when a backup was highly rated.

In addition to this, there were too few transfers in the offseason. A highly rated backup QB sitting 7th on the depth chart seemed to have noproblem with this and would never transfer. After the 1st couple of years of of dynasty mode, the number of transfers fell off bigtime (only about 5-10 total transfers). In reality, there are tons of transfers each offseason (well over 50-75 if I'm being conservative). Transfers is one of the ways the small schools can get top teir talent on campus.

I really hope both of this issues (CPU roster/recruiting management & total transfers) are fixed this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 02:47 AM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Any word on improvments to CPU roster/recruiting management & offseason transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses06
NCAA 11 was a pretty good game and a welcome advancement of the next-gen version of the game. However, one of the things that really "irked" me during dynasty mode was the cpu's horrible roster management. They would over-recruit / horde several positions (i.e. 8 QB's, 10 WR's on the team) and under-recruit others (i.e. OL, TE, etc...). This caused the cpu to play the backup QB at S, LB, etc... and the backup RB & DT at OL in some cases (among other oddities). Although sometimes the CPU would do this anyway when a backup was highly rated.

In addition to this, there were too few transfers in the offseason. A highly rated backup QB sitting 7th on the depth chart seemed to have noproblem with this and would never transfer. After the 1st couple of years of of dynasty mode, the number of transfers fell off bigtime (only about 5-10 total transfers). In reality, there are tons of transfers each offseason (well over 50-75 if I'm being conservative). Transfers is one of the ways the small schools can get top teir talent on campus.

I really hope both of this issues (CPU roster/recruiting management & total transfers) are fixed this year.
I hope it's fixed too. I never had any problem getting solid transfers to my lower tier school, but the CPU teams didn't do much between themselves. And not only should a guy 7th on the depth chart transfer, the CPU shouldn't have 7-layer deep QB depth to start with lol. I know they made some improvement to recruiting the proper players, but I'm not sure if they fixed overrecruiting a position.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Any word on improvments to CPU roster/recruiting management & offseason transfers

not to mention with CC in the game...transfers are more important than ever! because if a new coach comes in with an option playbook..a pro style qb would transfer. and new recruits when a coach leaves tend to leave..and its usually @ least 1 player who will follow the coach if possible
Www.usba.freeforums.net USA #1 SIM 2K LG ON PS4!

WWW.SOUTHERNTURNUPS.COM
Old 05-30-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

They have disturbingly given little to no info on this. They keep making a big deal out of the CPU will now recruit to fit their system's... but all they have mentioned are QB's. No mention of any other positions... and no mention at all about whether the hording problem is fixed. This has been such a huge complaint (and game killer for some people), it is very odd they have not mentioned it if they had managed to fix it. It would be a VERY big deal worthy on mention in one of the blog posts.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »