Home

Playoff system and custom conferences

This is a discussion on Playoff system and custom conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #25
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Playoff system and custom conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw1717
As I said each team can schedule up to three non conference game SO UT could play Oklahoma each year if they wanted to.
Good point.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 39

Can you actually make the bowl games playoff games?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcordloh
Not exactly equal opportunity though.
If NCAA 2012 shares the same bias as 2011 did, an undefeated BCS team from the SEC will get chosen over an undefeated Big 12 team, etc.

Here is my worry, and it might be unfounded. With 16 team super conferences, what say a team left in the WAC (San Jose State) goes 12-0? It's hard to imagine many undefeated teams in 16 team SC's, at least not the 2-6+ I got consistently in NCAA 2011.
Plus, with 16 team conferences they get 2-3 OOCG's a year, (9 conference games per year). So the odds of them getting all 24 of the non-AQ schools scheduled and knocking them odd are good, but what if the weak AQ schools get the games?

I forsee a problem with this, and I wonder if a 12-0 WAC champion that beat 3/4 or more FCS schools will get a bid over a 12-1 AQ school.
Well the hope, and expectation is that there won't be more then 2 undefeated teams from the six 16 team super conferences(thats one of the main reasons for creating six 16 super conferences, and the hope, and expectation also is that if one of the 24 scrubs go undefeated that they won't be allowed to be ranked in the top 2 of the BCS. Of course both of these will depend on game design of NCAA Football 2012.

By the way there is 3 OOCG's for the 16 team conferences. I noticed you said 2 or 3 like you wasn't sure. The only option you have for 16 team conferences is a 9CG/3OOCG split. You play all 7 teams in your division, and only 2 teams in the other division. This also has the added benfit of making a rematch in the Conference Championship game much less likely as you only play 2 of the 8 teams in the other division. So that is another good thing about 16 team conferences far less rematches in conference championship games then in 12 team conferences.

Last edited by dennis580; 05-31-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:23 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
The only option you have for 16 team conferences is a 9CG/3OOCG split. You play all 7 teams in your division, and only 2 teams in the other division. This also has the added benfit of making a rematch in the Conference Championship game much less likely as you only play 2 of the 8 teams in the other division. So that is another good thing about 16 team conferences far less rematches in conference championship games then in 12 team conferences.
This is why my system is best just having 10 teams so you do play everyone in your conference. I think it's silly to have a team in your conference that you might play each year as opposed to you are playing that team each year. I also love rematches because it give one team a chance for redemption, builds drama AND that leads to more viewers/money.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
This is why my system is best just having 10 teams so you do play everyone in your conference. I think it's silly to have a team in your conference that you might play each year as opposed to you are playing that team each year. I also love rematches because it give one team a chance for redemption, builds drama AND that leads to more viewers/money.
If you have 10 team conferences, you won't have rematches. No title games with 10 team conferences; the schedule takes care of itself.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
If you have 10 team conferences, you won't have rematches. No title games with 10 team conferences; the schedule takes care of itself.
Who makes up the rules for college football?.......the NCAA does and they could make it so you do play a CCG that's all I'm saying and it makes sense.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Who makes up the rules for college football?.......the NCAA does and they could make it so you do play a CCG that's all I'm saying and it makes sense.
But the rules now say no because they forced the Big 12 to stop their title game. And this is about the NCAA game, which uses 12 teams as the magic number.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
You are right about having just having eleven 10 team conferences. I keep going back, and forth, but now I think eleven 10 team conferences are the way to go. Except I totally disagree with your thoughts on rematches. Rematches are totally unfair in college football, and most college football fans do NOT want to see them. They do not at all bring more viewers or more money. That is why bowl games do everything they can to avoid rematches as most college football fans dont want to see them. Anyway lets go on to the advantages to having 10 team conferences.

Advantages to having 10 team conferences.

#1. All 11 Conferences have the same number teams.
#2. Everybody in a conference plays each other with a healthy 9 conference games.
#3. Nobody plays a conference championship game. So everybody is on a level playing field. I agree with the philosophy that either everybody should play a CCG or nobody should play a CCG.
#4. No rematches. If you have CCG's you have a possibility of a rematch which is something that is just not good for college football.

Last edited by dennis580; 05-31-2011 at 07:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »