Home

June 1 Feelings on NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on June 1 Feelings on NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Under 6 weeks from NCAA 12 Release, What Are Your Thoughts on the Game?
Very excited, can't wait for July 12 157 52.86%
Pretty excited, definitely getting NCAA 12 98 33.00%
Undecided, more info/demo will be determining factor 39 13.13%
Disappointed, I won't be getting NCAA 12 this year 3 1.01%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: June 1 Feelings on NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Very excited. Custom Conferences are awesome, coaching carousel is exactly what I wanted. I'm looking for some decent improvements for TB, and I'm gravy.
I definitely want to see some TB improvements. and not just a different color background.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #10
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Very excited.

Love Custom Conferences & CC.. I'm actually intrigued to play some RTG this year. Haven't played that game type in the past.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #11
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

Im pumped and can't wait.....Im getting it at mid-night!! I can't remember the last time I was this excited about any game being released ever.....Im also excited about batman arkham city but still not even compared to the anticipation I have for NCAA 12

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I am just hoping my PS3 works by time the demo or at least the release. I havent preordered because of that reason. I have a few games I will trade in for it, but I want to make sure my PS3 works first.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #13
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Very excited. 11 was an amazing game and I thought the gameplay was well done and 12 is going to add onto that. I don't care about custom conferances or playbooks but even in its simple form coaching carousel is has me excited to see it in the game. Add all the presentation elements such as the HDR lighting, improved crowd noise, cannons, and even the pylon physics, and more and this is looking to be one great game.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #14
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
My feeling is..I wanna play it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 06-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #15
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Who still holding out for more info. If you aren't on board by now you missed the boat.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #16
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I started off very impressed with the announcement of improved zone coverage AI and the addition of consecutive-hit tackling. However, this is basically all we've been told at this point, and that's not nearly enough gameplay improvements for me.

Players still look twitchy, robotic, and skate across the field. Passing trajectories are said to have been tweaked, but still don't look very realistic from the few gameplay videos we've seen. The OL/DL interactions still look as scripted and awkward as ever. DBs and LBs backpedaling/strafing as fast as receivers running down field. There look to have been very few animations added when it comes to players interacting with each other. The only animations that have been added (or at least talked about so far) are dive catches (the ones where they stretch for a ball and lose their balance look good, but the ones where they actually go airborne look unrealistic), and those arcade-looking, blocker-flattening bull rushes (which reportedly don't happen very often ... thank goodness).

There's still another gameplay blog coming, so there's more in store. However, I'm betting on relatively small adjustments, not the kind of big changes this series is begging for. There's a start here, with defensive AI improvements, a new tackling engine, and their claim that suction blocking/tackling has been "eliminated," but it's just not enough to me.

I'm waiting for more gameplay info and I'll definitely be looking forward to getting my hands on the demo, but as of June 1, I can't list myself as anything more than undecided.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »