Home

June 1 Feelings on NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on June 1 Feelings on NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Under 6 weeks from NCAA 12 Release, What Are Your Thoughts on the Game?
Very excited, can't wait for July 12 157 52.86%
Pretty excited, definitely getting NCAA 12 98 33.00%
Undecided, more info/demo will be determining factor 39 13.13%
Disappointed, I won't be getting NCAA 12 this year 3 1.01%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #33
Rookie

HuskAir's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: June 1 Feelings on NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I started off very impressed with the announcement of improved zone coverage AI and the addition of consecutive-hit tackling. However, this is basically all we've been told at this point, and that's not nearly enough gameplay improvements for me.

Players still look twitchy, robotic, and skate across the field. Passing trajectories are said to have been tweaked, but still don't look very realistic from the few gameplay videos we've seen. The OL/DL interactions still look as scripted and awkward as ever. DBs and LBs backpedaling/strafing as fast as receivers running down field. There look to have been very few animations added when it comes to players interacting with each other. The only animations that have been added (or at least talked about so far) are dive catches (the ones where they stretch for a ball and lose their balance look good, but the ones where they actually go airborne look unrealistic), and those arcade-looking, blocker-flattening bull rushes (which reportedly don't happen very often ... thank goodness).

There's still another gameplay blog coming, so there's more in store. However, I'm betting on relatively small adjustments, not the kind of big changes this series is begging for. There's a start here, with defensive AI improvements, a new tackling engine, and their claim that suction blocking/tackling has been "eliminated," but it's just not enough to me.

I'm waiting for more gameplay info and I'll definitely be looking forward to getting my hands on the demo, but as of June 1, I can't list myself as anything more than undecided.
I couldn't have stated my feelings any better than you did, Poke.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #34
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I started off very impressed with the announcement of improved zone coverage AI and the addition of consecutive-hit tackling. However, this is basically all we've been told at this point, and that's not nearly enough gameplay improvements for me.

Players still look twitchy, robotic, and skate across the field. Passing trajectories are said to have been tweaked, but still don't look very realistic from the few gameplay videos we've seen. The OL/DL interactions still look as scripted and awkward as ever. DBs and LBs backpedaling/strafing as fast as receivers running down field. There look to have been very few animations added when it comes to players interacting with each other. The only animations that have been added (or at least talked about so far) are dive catches (the ones where they stretch for a ball and lose their balance look good, but the ones where they actually go airborne look unrealistic), and those arcade-looking, blocker-flattening bull rushes (which reportedly don't happen very often ... thank goodness).

There's still another gameplay blog coming, so there's more in store. However, I'm betting on relatively small adjustments, not the kind of big changes this series is begging for. There's a start here, with defensive AI improvements, a new tackling engine, and their claim that suction blocking/tackling has been "eliminated," but it's just not enough to me.

I'm waiting for more gameplay info and I'll definitely be looking forward to getting my hands on the demo, but as of June 1, I can't list myself as anything more than undecided.
You nailed it but what other options do we have? EA has added alot of fluff but refuse to fix the real problems with the game. I guess it is what it is...When is the new gameplay blog coming out?

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #35
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody56
Mostly an offline dynasty player. I would say im excited about the new features like CC etc, but still have that disappointment of no editing. At this point I just have to hope the developers got the recruits and progression on point this year.
I'm with you on the editing - it seems more bizarre than anything that it didn't get in b/c it seems easy to add. One of the few disappointments I have with the news that has come out about 12.

The customization they've added this year (playbooks, conferences) it would be amazing to just add the player editing element to that as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #36
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
You nailed it but what other options do we have? EA has added alot of fluff but refuse to fix the real problems with the game. I guess it is what it is...When is the new gameplay blog coming out?
This is where I'm at. I have this pre-ordered, but now decided I'm going to cancel it. Watching more gameplay vids, it doesn't look improved at all at the core. I decided I'm just gonna play other games rather than playing this just because its my only option.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #37
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

I would strongly disagree with everyone that refers to what they've added as "fluff". You could say that when they showed the dreadlock screenshot but come on now kids...custom playbooks, coaching carousel, custom conferences? Those are not "lipstick" elements.

Those are key elements added to core of how the majority of people play the game (dynasty).
Old 06-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

goodness, it just won't be here quick enough! ready to see how deep I go in a dynasty this year! the furthes ive been is probably about 4, 5, maybe but not likely 6 years, and this is dating back through 05. but with this OC, DC, HC, plus custom playbooks, it may be longer as I'll have to probably accept more losses while only playing one side of the ball. it will take longer, and probably be more fun, to build a team up (a tb one) with the tb rosters being that of a kent state or new mexico, and trying to build them up to a specific style, say SPEED SPEED SPEED, or a tough blitzing D, with physical QB play. maaaan just thinking about the possibilities.....I could be playing it nearly non stop up to the next release! and by that I mean not switching to play a different game due to the entertainment and replay value
Old 06-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #39
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Still undecided, but leaning toward a purchase after skipping '11. I think there were some essential improvements I was looking for that EA missed this year, such as removing that 120 team cap, a deeper offline dynasty mode, and the gameplay's glaring problems.

However, I'm not entirely certain these problems will ever be cured this generation, and the prospect of an intriguing RTG mode has me leaning toward buying. I'm looking for E3 to see what new info they will release, and then playing the demo. I'll probably wait for reviews as well, but those aren't always the best indicator of a game's appeal.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #40
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
I think there were some essential improvements I was looking for that EA missed this year, such as [...] a deeper offline dynasty mode [...]
So you missed the news on Coaching Carousel?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »