Home

June 1 Feelings on NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on June 1 Feelings on NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Under 6 weeks from NCAA 12 Release, What Are Your Thoughts on the Game?
Very excited, can't wait for July 12 157 52.86%
Pretty excited, definitely getting NCAA 12 98 33.00%
Undecided, more info/demo will be determining factor 39 13.13%
Disappointed, I won't be getting NCAA 12 this year 3 1.01%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #41
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: June 1 Feelings on NCAA Football 12

Im sold on it already. They have already announced so much and they are announcing RTG or confirming the info that was leaked. And lets hope we get some TB improvements.
But so far so good. I literally haven't been able to play any other game right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #42
Rookie

dhs22p's Arena

OVR: 9

I am very excited for the game.... I hope to see improvements done to TB but the rest looks great!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #43
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Very excited. This is the most I have been this excited for a NCAA game.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #44
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

Very excited, can't wait for July 12.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #45
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Very giddy.

I am an offline dynasty player. And I always run a Miami Hurricanes dynasty and I always choose a one or two star school dynasty. Last year I ran Marshall and built them to a three star school and made a BCS bowl in year 3.

I am very excited for the CC feature (will do head coaches) and I am also very intrigued to try out RTG and carry that player over to Madden 12.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 8

There are some that will never be satisfied. They are the people in life you meet that always find pleasure in complaining about everything. They'd find a fault with Jesus if they had met him

I think the game will be great and will be fun and entertaining to me, which is what is most important since it's just a video game when it all comes down to it.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #47
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I would strongly disagree with everyone that refers to what they've added as "fluff". You could say that when they showed the dreadlock screenshot but come on now kids...custom playbooks, coaching carousel, custom conferences? Those are not "lipstick" elements.

Those are key elements added to core of how the majority of people play the game (dynasty).
To me though, if the gameplay isn't up to par, then these additions offer me very little. Custom playbooks do me no good if plays aren't defended and executed realistically. Custom conferences do me no good if I can't make it more than a year through a dynasty because I don't like the gameplay. Coaching carousel does nothing for me for the same reason that I can't make it very far into a dynasty. If I don't enjoy playing the games on the field, then I'm not going to have much use for these additions.

So for me (and I'm assuming people similar to me), these things do fall under the "fluff" category because they'll be next to useless until the gameplay replicates the sport to a "reasonably realistic degree." I know that's a vague definition, but there's no way you can say, "The game is 63% realistic right now, and I won't be happy until it's 85% realistic." It's different for every person and it's unquantifiable.

However, I will grant you that the things you mentioned aren't as far down the fluff spectrum as say, dreads, team entrances, pylon physics, etc. They fall somewhere in the grey area.

*Just to be clear, I'm not saying that these things are in fact fluff because I said so. I'm saying these things are fluff to me and (I assume) other gameplay-focused people like me. Don't take this as my opinion is the right one. I'm just trying to clarify where we're coming from.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #48
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
To me though, if the gameplay isn't up to par, then these additions offer me very little. Custom playbooks do me no good if plays aren't defended and executed realistically. Custom conferences do me no good if I can't make it more than a year through a dynasty because I don't like the gameplay. Coaching carousel does nothing for me for the same reason that I can't make it very far into a dynasty. If I don't enjoy playing the games on the field, then I'm not going to have much use for these additions.

So for me (and I'm assuming people similar to me), these things do fall under the "fluff" category because they'll be next to useless until the gameplay replicates the sport to a "reasonably realistic degree." I know that's a vague definition, but there's no way you can say, "The game is 63% realistic right now, and I won't be happy until it's 85% realistic." It's different for every person and it's unquantifiable.

However, I will grant you that the things you mentioned aren't as far down the fluff spectrum as say, dreads, team entrances, pylon physics, etc. They fall somewhere in the grey area.

*Just to be clear, I'm not saying that these things are in fact fluff because I said so. I'm saying these things are fluff to me and (I assume) other gameplay-focused people like me. Don't take this as my opinion is the right one. I'm just trying to clarify where we're coming from.
Took the words right out of my mind...People act as if these things will be fun minus good gameplay, I bet the differ. Still some gameplay blogs coming so hopefully they corrected some things. I doubt it though. What you see in the initial vids are normally what you get with EA.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »