Home

Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma?

NCAA isn't worth getting early because the rosters won't be out for a few days so you can't start your dynasty.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #10
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

My Gamestop is to far and isn't open at Midnight. My local Wal-Mart is close and I have been going for this for years now at this same Wal-Mart for this exact game and only one year had a problem because they didn't get there shipment.

Every year I go I'm like the only person buying it lol(Small town).... Gamestop is not worth the UNi's IMO so it works out. I only pre order if it's a good deal for Call of duty or something.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
NCAA isn't worth getting early because the rosters won't be out for a few days so you can't start your dynasty.
I see your point to an extent but for many of us, this is a tradition. NCAA is the only game I've ever got at midnight. No Madden, no COD, no Uncharted, etc, but NCAA is a tradition for me at midnight on Monday evening/ Tuesday Morning.

I agree about the rosters in regards to dynasty, but I can play play now games, online against people, do a test dynasty with random names to see how CC works, how sim stats are, and other things until that weekend when I have full confidence that I'll have my rosters and coaches names.

And to the OP, Walmart is golden, at least where I'm from. I do live near Nashville in TN though so most stores around here are in decent size suburbs of Nashville where I go to get NCAA. If you live in a rural area, it could be different. Best to go call and ask or go by their electronic department one day when you are in there shopping or driving by to see if they do midnight releases, etc, but they should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 PM   #12
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

my walmart last year had a sign at the door that said "NCAA football available at 12:01" on the release date.

If its not out on the shelf, it will be in the back and a customer service rep will go get it for you if you ask. I did this two years ago. I haven't been to Gamestop for NCAA in 2 or 3 years.

Side Note: Does anyone else remember standing in line at 10:30-11pm just to be one of the first ones out the door with the game? I live near Clemson, so there was always a couple of football players outside waiting in line as well... although one year they got special treatment and were allowed to cut.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
altho thats true...with the new edition of custom playbooks and the deeper RTG...its worth havin early enough to fiddle with it
Www.usba.freeforums.net USA #1 SIM 2K LG ON PS4!

WWW.SOUTHERNTURNUPS.COM
Old 06-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #14
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

I had a different dilemma. I am a big fan but quite frankly I don't have enough time to play the game after midnight anyway. So midnight release is of no consequence to me. My dilema was the amount of money I would get on my trade ins(Madden11, NBA2k11) and the pre-order promo. I'm gonna end up going to Best buy and getting it later in the day on the 12th because they'll give me $33 for both games instead of Gamestops in store promo for an extra 40% only giving me $28.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 06-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #15
Rookie

cj_vols13's Arena

OVR: 2

I usually go to Wal-Mart. There are 15-20 people waiting in line every year. The Electronics guy has 2 lines set up(ps3 and 360) about 10 mins before midnight. And they give you a $5 gift card so I pick up some snacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2011, 03:06 AM   #16
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

When it gets closer to the release date you can go to gamestop.com and it will show what stores in your area are doing midnight events.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »