Home

Old 06-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
USC?

Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere else, but will there be any in game punishments for USC? What I mean is, will USC be able to play a bowl game in the first year of a dynasty? Will their scholarships be different?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
Banned

spyder_DG's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: USC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew17
Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere else, but will there be any in game punishments for USC? What I mean is, will USC be able to play a bowl game in the first year of a dynasty? Will their scholarships be different?
Of course they will....a lot of USC fans wouldn't buy the game if they couldn't play in a bowl game the first year and were limited to 15 schollies for three seasons.....you don't alienate a portion of your customers when you're in a money making business....
Old 06-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew17
In '11 there were no punishments, bowl bans, or anything at all to indicate they got hammered. Don't see how '12 is gonna be any different. It'd be nice if the NCAA allowed EA to put player discipline and punishments back in. Then I think EA would be able to pre-setup USC with what they actually have (and whatever tOSU winds up with) (and also, inevitably, Auburn).

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 06-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
...Then I think EA would be able to pre-setup USC with what they actually have (and whatever tOSU winds up with) (and also, inevitably, Auburn).
Also, inevitably, Michigan State. It would be nice if they could bring back sanctions, even the death penalty, like they had in last gen. Renegade, out of control programs like Ohio State need to be embarrassed that way. The NCAA must have told EA to take that feature out.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

Last edited by Spanky; 06-03-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Its a house rule i had last year that I banned myself from preseason play in the first season... well I just didnt play the game and simmed it, but that obviously isnt the same.

This year, I wont be playing by that house rule, since the ruling is so unjust and outrageous.

I do wish they would bring back the discipline system that they had in the last gen though. That would be cool, but if i remember right wasnt it just based on players? Like players would be suspended, or did stuff actually happen to the schools as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Also, inevitably, Michigan State. It would be nice if they could bring back sanctions, even the death penalty, like they had in last gen. Renegade, out of control programs like Ohio State need to be embarrassed that way. The NCAA must have told EA to take that feature out.
Alright, I will preface this by saying, yes I am an OSU fan and I do bleed scarlet and grey. I believe OSU deserves to be punished for the actions of some of our selfish players and I am glad that our coach did the right thing by resigning. OSU got caught, but I promise you that any program in the top 10 in the recruiting classes do the same things and just have not been caught yet. OSU was only caught because the FBI was investigating the tattoo parlor that all of the players were going to, had that not happened than OSU would not have been under all of these investigations. It only takes a little bit of logic; if you are a recruit and one school promised you a scholarship to play for there school, and then another school promised you a scholarship plus the alums and others promised you "extras", which school would you sign with as an 18 year old star athlete? If only OSU was doing this, they would sign the most 5 star players year in and year out, but that is not the case. I realize that a lot of 5 stars are going to go where they can win, but when you can have your choice at 10 different schools, all of which could possibly win a championship in your 3/4 years at that school, how do those schools seperate themselves? Now I am not saying that all recruits go by this, but like I said if you think that this is not happening at the top schools around the nation I do not know what to tell you.

Last edited by franko3219; 06-03-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #7
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Death Penalty huh? LOL so now were a renegade outta control program?!?! LOL hahahaha that's funny. We're just lawless for selling something given to u and possibly getting a deal on cars? That's not enough for the death penalty but to each their own.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
Alright, I will preface this by saying, yes I am an OSU fan and I do bleed scarlet and grey. I believe OSU deserves to be punished for the actions of some of our selfish players and I am glad that our coach did the right thing by resigning. OSU got caught, but I promise you that any program in the top 10 in the recruiting classes do the same things and just have not been caught yet. OSU was only caught because the FBI was investigating the tattoo parlor that all of the players were going to, had that not happened than OSU would not have been under all of these investigations. It only takes a little bit of logic; if you are a recruit and one school promised you a scholarship to play for there school, and then another school promised you a scholarship plus the alums and others promised you "extras", which school would you sign with as an 18 year old star athlete? If only OSU was doing this, they would sign the most 5 star players year in and year out, but that is not the case. I realize that a lot of 5 stars are going to go where they can win, but when you can have your choice at 10 different schools, all of which could possibly win a championship in your 3/4 years at that school, how do those schools seperate themselves? Now I am not saying that all recruits go by this, but like I said if you think that this is not happening at the top schools around the nation I do not know what to tell you.
If I was choosing schools and both were equal in chances at making it to a national title game, then I'd make a pick off the city and location. Anything closer to the beach is a good one.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »