Home

Coaching Carousel in NCAA 12 not the first?

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel in NCAA 12 not the first? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2011, 12:42 AM   #1
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Coaching Carousel in NCAA 12 not the first?

Kind of interesting. With the inclusion of the Coaching Carousel I was curious if this had ever been a feature in a past college football game. Apparently it has been in a game I've never even heard of.

Anyone ever play this one and can give any info on how in-depth the hiring of coaches and coordinators was?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 01:59 AM   #2
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Coaching Carousel in NCAA 12 not the first?

where does it say there is anything near a coaching carosuel, it just says hire coaches. It says nothing about leaving your school for another or anything like that.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #3
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Geeze 13 years ago that was considered looking realistic?

I wish I had a time machine to bring this years game back and scare some people.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Well, I wasn't being serious about the coaching carousel. The idea of hiring coaches and having an "AD Mode" was kind of interesting though. I'm not taking any jabs at EA at all. I'm more baffled that this game even existed —I'd never heard of it.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:21 AM   #5
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
where does it say there is anything near a coaching carosuel, it just says hire coaches. It says nothing about leaving your school for another or anything like that.
Actually, being able to hire coaches sounds more like a coaching carousel than just you being able to move to a new school. You've been able to do that forever in NCAA. It's not a "carousel" unless you have coaches all over the country making moves, which create openings that have to be filled with coaches from other schools, which then create openings at those schools, and so on and so forth. I don't know if that's what it was like in this game, but being able to hire coaches sounds like a good start to me. You still can't do this in NCAA 12, so you've got to give a 14-year-old game some credit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 02:24 AM   #6
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Strange. I never even heard of that game. I remember in 1996 buying NCAA Gamebreaker for the PS-1. Didn't care too much for that game. But the following year, EA's first NCAA Football for the PS-1 came out (NCAA 98?) with some Florida QB on the cover (Danny Weurfel?) and I really enjoyed that and the next two editions.

I wonder if this MVP Football game was ever actually released.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 06-04-2011, 02:32 AM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Strange. I never even heard of that game. I remember in 1996 buying NCAA Gamebreaker for the PS-1. Didn't care too much for that game. But the following year, EA's first NCAA Football for the PS-1 came out (NCAA 98?) with some Florida QB on the cover (Danny Weurfel?) and I really enjoyed that and the next two editions.

I wonder if this MVP Football game was ever actually released.
Man, Gamebreaker, that brings back some memories. Come to think of it, you could start out as an offensive, defensive, or special teams coordinator in that game too. The gameplay wasn't great, but it was pretty solid for the PS1. Also, it had a nice dynasty mode, other than a pretty strange recruiting system. I abandoned the series pretty quickly once EA started making NCAA, but I had a few good years with it.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:36 AM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Man, Gamebreaker, that brings back some memories. Come to think of it, you could start out as an offensive, defensive, or special teams coordinator in that game too. The gameplay wasn't great, but it was pretty solid for the PS1. Also, it had a nice dynasty mode, other than a pretty strange recruiting system. I abandoned the series pretty quickly once EA started making NCAA, but I had a few good years with it.
Forgot about Gamebreaker. As I recall, the move to the PS2 really killed the series. Instead of creating a whole new engine for the game 989 just used the same ps1 base with a coat of paint.

I found a video. It looks truly awful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »