Home

Custom playbooks

This is a discussion on Custom playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Custom playbooks

Custom playbooks are huge. This means you can actually gameplan. I have an actual coaching playbook design sheet in word put out by a former NFL coach. My plan is to design a run heavy, pass deep heavy, pass short heavy, pass mixed heavy, and balanced playbook to start. Then for each game I hope to be able to review the opponents CB, LB, and DL to decide which playbook to focus on. Then I will select plays on the worksheet and edit down the playbook to only those core plays like a real football coach. I was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas on how they plan ot use or organize their playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Custom playbooks

You know I'm really waiting to see how the game implements the playbooks of your OC and DC.( I'm talking strictly dynasty here) B/c from my understanding when you become HC you have a choice to run your scheme or the coordinators. If I have the choice I prob would run the coordinator scheme. Just to keep things fresh. If its not working then maybe switch back to mines.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
You know I'm really waiting to see how the game implements the playbooks of your OC and DC.( I'm talking strictly dynasty here) B/c from my understanding when you become HC you have a choice to run your scheme or the coordinators. If I have the choice I prob would run the coordinator scheme. Just to keep things fresh. If its not working then maybe switch back to mines.
haha seems to me that the whole point is running my scheme...well, thats because I want to have a scheme as an OC or DC and develop an entire team around it......
Old 06-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

As a former college coach this is VERY exciting to me.

This will give a tremendous amount of realism to the game. This is the feature that will keep people playing for months and months on end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »