Home

Gameplay

This is a discussion on Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
Rookie

Illcat's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Gameplay

I agree 100% Jerz. The marketing this year has definitely been focused on presentation and dynasty. I too have wondered have they really made significant tweaks up under the hood. This game is just about a month out and I find it hard to be as excited because they haven't pointed out any new gameplay features that get me all warm and fuzzy. I didn't get Madden last year but I have to admit that I am enthralled with some of the things they are doing. I want them in NCAA 12:-) I was pleased well enough with 11 but would love to hear about some gameplay elements to smooth out some of the rougher edges, like: penalty sliders that actually work, fixing punt return blocking, fixing QB mobility logic, the hand off exchange in the spread, etc, etc. I am happy to hear about the zone tho. Honestly, if they just fixed those things and left out the mammals, I could live with that...lol
Old 06-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
How about actually playing this year's game before making judgement?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illcat
I agree 100% Jerz. The marketing this year has definitely been focused on presentation and dynasty. I too have wondered have they really made significant tweaks up under the hood. This game is just about a month out and I find it hard to be as excited because they haven't pointed out any new gameplay features that get me all warm and fuzzy. I didn't get Madden last year but I have to admit that I am enthralled with some of the things they are doing. I want them in NCAA 12:-) I was pleased well enough with 11 but would love to hear about some gameplay elements to smooth out some of the rougher edges, like: penalty sliders that actually work, fixing punt return blocking, fixing QB mobility logic, the hand off exchange in the spread, etc, etc. I am happy to hear about the zone tho. Honestly, if they just fixed those things and left out the mammals, I could live with that...lol
they did fix qb mobility, I think the big thing that was a gameplay addition,but moved into the tackling is the collision detection. I think that will open up the game alot. I played a game of 11 last nite, I saw warp tackles on rb who should have gone to the house a couple times. So I think we will get what we want on the gameplay side, we'll just have to wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #12
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
How about actually playing this year's game before making judgement?
People say this every year yet we get the same BS gameplay. I think we are warranted to make judgment based upon EA’s repetitive, pathetic track record when it comes to gameplay.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 06-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #13
Rookie

Illcat's Arena

OVR: 3

I had read that Hova but you know how it goes. I'd just like to see some footage of it so my jaw can hit the floor. It's just that time of year again and we all can't wait. I keep seeing all of this Madden stuff and get edgy for the next fix of media to be doled out to us. As always, I'm hopeful.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #14
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
People say this every year yet we get the same BS gameplay. I think we are warranted to make judgment based upon EA’s repetitive, pathetic track record when it comes to gameplay.
The gameplay from NCAA 09 to NCAA 11 isn't even in the same stratosphere of "same". Incorrect.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
exactly i've been on message boards following this game for a while now. Ive seen how they market and release information with their games. Its not like they just throw stuff out randomly, its done in a tactical way. They came out early and showed some improved zones, DL interaction and diving catches but after that we were constantly being reminded of custom playbooks. Then everything after was non gameplay related stuff but they went big with it so everyone is all focused about what conferences they'll make and what coaching decisions they'll make that people are no longer asking or as focused on the gameplay.

Now its more like "well last year was good so we'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they made improvements to gameplay because they gave us all these new(old) features." But if they made big improvements to the gameplay they wouldn't be holding it back, they would be flaunting it. Madden with their DPP is flaunting how it will change the games. When Pro Tak first came out or other gameplay features came out they didn't wait until the release for us to find out. If dramatic fixes were made to special teams like blocking, blocking kicks they wouldn't just let us figure it out ourselves, they'd be flaunting "HEY LOOK AT WHAT WE DID!"

Its sleight of hand. Look at coaching carousel/custom conferences and don't focus on the lack of gameplay improvements. I mean just look at how they wasted Teambuilder. Great innovative feature that has hardly been touched since its inception. So much potential being wasted.

That being said i'm not trying to make this into a bash EA's efforts or something like that because i'm very much looking forward to the game but i'm just expressing what i am seeing from experience and sort of, i guess, lowering my expectations for gameplay improvements this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #16
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The gameplay from NCAA 09 to NCAA 11 isn't even in the same stratosphere of "same". Incorrect.
Are you serious? Really? Ok....

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »