Home

protest for pc

This is a discussion on protest for pc within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: protest for pc

PC gaming is not dead. Battlefield 3's lead platform is the PC, and then is being ported to the consoles.

Supposedly, EA has working versions of Madden on the PC internally and it may return next year. Which could be mean that NCAA may have a chance to return in a couple of years.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #18
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Another thing, if you're just looking at sales stats to proclaim "PC Gaming is dead" you should know those are wildly inaccurate. They don't properly count digital delivery, which is more popular these days than store purchases for PC games. The bottom line is nearly every non-exclusive title for consoles is also released on the PC, plus a ton that never see the light of day on the consoles. If there wasn't money to be made this wouldn't be true.

Wow we totally hijacked this thread. What were we talking about? lol
Old 06-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i'd rather them not waste time on a PC version. I didn't pay all that money for a big LCD tv and a ps3 to play games on a smaller computer.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #20
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

here's the thing about PC gaming. In order to get the optimal experience you need to upgrade sound chips and video cards and this and that unless you buy an expensive new computer. Add to that the fact that even if you buy a really big computer monitor its not going to be as nice as the nicest tv that you play your games on.

Yes the modding that people do is amazing but i'll take console over pc anyday of the week.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #21
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I'll take the graphics that I can get on my computer and the power it has over console gaming anyday. The lovely miniscule amount of RAM in consoles that kill a lot of stuff isn't an issue with computers. A NCAA game on PC wouldn't be using the excuse of not enough memory to do things such as realistic roster sizes.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #22
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
here's the thing about PC gaming. In order to get the optimal experience you need to upgrade sound chips and video cards and this and that unless you buy an expensive new computer. Add to that the fact that even if you buy a really big computer monitor its not going to be as nice as the nicest tv that you play your games on.

Yes the modding that people do is amazing but i'll take console over pc anyday of the week.
You can use any modern TV as a monitor for you computer. Run an HDMI cable to your TV and use wireless Xbox 360 controllers and you can play right on your couch just like a console. I know because I do it and it's awesome.

As for price, you get what you pay for. You can get a $500 PC that will run all the latest games on par with a console. Or you can get a $1,500 PC that will blow any console out of the water. You do have choices.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #23
Rookie

BoomerSooner420's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
You can use any modern TV as a monitor for you computer. Run an HDMI cable to your TV and use wireless Xbox 360 controllers and you can play right on your couch just like a console. I know because I do it and it's awesome.

As for price, you get what you pay for. You can get a $500 PC that will run all the latest games on par with a console. Or you can get a $1,500 PC that will blow any console out of the water. You do have choices.
^This. Also, you typically you sit closer to a computer monitor and don't really need a big a** TV, and most pc gpu's and monitors have resolutions well beyond TV capabilities. If you have any knowledge of how to use a screwdriver and the ability to follow written directions, you can do like I did and build a PS4 equivilent, or better, pc for under $600. But, having said that, the last Madden I played on pc, which was 2008? I think, was clearly a hollow port of a game made to be played on a less powerful console. I don't think they'd commit the resources to make it a worthwhile venture, so I'd rather they just didn't bother, imo.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #24
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4

I totally disagree on the screen comment. There are some truely brilliant LCDs for PCs that are aimed at graphic designers and such. Also keep in mind PC LCDs have the same (if not more) pixels than a HDTV in a smaller space, meaning better quality (in general).

Obviously it depends on your budget, but then no console is complete without a HDTV so if we're looking at expenses from that point of view, the increase to PC isn't that significant cost wise. Mid range gaming PCs have become far more affordable in the past 5+ years.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »