Home

OS at E3: NCAA Football 12 Preview

This is a discussion on OS at E3: NCAA Football 12 Preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 04:20 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
OS at E3: NCAA Football 12 Preview

Armed with a notebook full of questions and the collective weight of the OS football community on my shoulders, I entered the Los Angeles Convention Center this morning on a mission. After some solid playtime and a couple Q&A sessions later, I am now confident that 2011 has the potential to be one of the best football gaming years we've seen in recent memory.

However, before I begin I need to get one thing out of the way. I was told by an EA rep that the reason NCAA Football 12 was shown behind closed doors was to better showcase Madden, removing any possible distraction to this year's NFL offering which was front and center of EA's main display. The only other game playable on the show floor was the new Need for Speed game. FIFA 12, NHL 12, and SSX all joined NCAA 12 in being shown privately.

Read More - OS at E3: NCAA Football 12 Preview
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 04:31 AM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Nice write up thanks Chase

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-08-2011, 04:34 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: OS at E3: NCAA Football 12 Preview

Sounds good man. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I know you can't wait for all of us to experience what you did today.

Im sure some enhanced difficulty, and slider work can take care of the running problem out of the shotgun for the CPU.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:37 AM   #4
MVP

HarkTheSound's Arena

OVR: 11

I have no idea why people are complaining gameplay didn't get any love this year...NCAA 11 played a solid game of football and if 12's gameplay is a super polished version of 11 I'm perfectly fine with that.

Thanks for the writeup Chase

Bengals
UNC Tar Heels(Football and Basketball)

Last edited by HarkTheSound; 06-08-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7
I'm more than cool w/ this preview... Looks like we will have another good one in our hands soon!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 05:33 AM   #6
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

i am excited for this year, but i was hoping running out of the shotgun would be opened up this year fixed.
Personally I am a run first type of guy and it sucks when using shotgun because people know after playing me that im not running when in that formation. Hopefully there is a tuner pack for it or it was like Christian said just an early build of the game.'
Even with that little problem i cant wait for this game
Old 06-08-2011, 05:39 AM   #7
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

The running out of the shotgun formation needs to be fixed or its a deal breaker for me. Considering how ~50% of the teams run a spread or some variation of it I am not sure how they cannot address this.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:43 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
A lot of things sound really good but if the cpu can't run out of the shotgun/spread it really hurts the realism. And sliders can't fix this really. If you boost the cpu run block sliders too much it could make the traditional sets and goal line formations over powered. We really need balance in this area and we haven't had it yet on next gen. Still excited about NCAA 12. Hopefully tuning packs can be used to help fix this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »