Home

NCAA or Madden? Need HONEST opinions.

This is a discussion on NCAA or Madden? Need HONEST opinions. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA or Madden? Need HONEST opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshcav
I know a few posters have pointed this out but here is my take:

09 - Virtually equal, same game
10 - Madden WAYYYY superior
11 - NCAA WAYYYY superior
12 - From everything I've read and watched it looks like Madden is a lot better this year
you're kidding me, right?

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 06:26 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA or Madden? Need HONEST opinions.

This year, I have no idea. I'm split. I've been rotating year from year.

In '09, I bought both. Seemingly remembered something about the league running out of players and croaking in Madden. NCAA was pretty enjoyable, but not "AWESOME!" worthy.

In '10, I chose Madden. After I figured out some crap where the game would crash when the teams ran out of kickers (!), I got bored after about 2 seasons of play when I could snatch up all the best free agents without any effort and my drift picks developed into superstars. I'm a pretty fair guy, didn't do anything cheesy, but it was just far too easy to amass a team of ultimate talent.

In '11, I chose NCAA, and I had some fun. I got some good seasons out of it until the glitch where players stopped progressing. That kind of killed my mojo but I played 4 good seasons with UC.

The thing is, in the past, Madden offered the 'WOAH' factor. I'm drooling over the feature list and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Then usually something ends up fatally broken, or they appeal to the younger crowd who wants to flatten everyone with 99 OVR's and you can crush everyone every season and have half your cap room intact.

NCAA usually doesn't get me horribly excited with the feature list. A few "that's cool" or "I'm glad they tweaked that.", but nothing jaw-dropping. It's consistently enjoyable, but not particularly different each year.

If Madden nails all of it's features this year, and and franchise mode is much more realistic in the sense that progression is reasonable, gameplay is decent, and it's much more difficult to get a good team to keep my interest, I think Madden will be awesome. But given EA's track record, I wouldn't hold my breath that there's not going to be something that's not screwed over.

NCAA doesn't seem like it's changed a whole lot. No mindblowing features, but if you liked last years version, seems like it's a pretty safe bet for purchase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »