Home

NCAA or Madden? Need HONEST opinions.

This is a discussion on NCAA or Madden? Need HONEST opinions. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #33
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA or Madden? Need HONEST opinions.

I'm renting NCAA and buying Madden for sure this year. I'm going to have to play NCAA some before deciding to buy it, but when you look at all the features that have been added to both, only Maddens new features have taken the game it seems to a new level while NCAA looks completely the same gameplay wise.

I was a little excited for NCAA at first, but after seeing how the new intros (one of the bigger "additions" that's already been dwarfed by M12) look like they'll get old and I'll be skipping over after seeing them once. Also, the actual gameplay from the EA videos looks too close to 11 to warrant a purchase day one. Sure there's all these "added" features to the gameplay, but if they don't really have an impact and the core presentation remains the same, then I really don't care to buy 12 over 11 if only a few things have changed.

I'm going to rent it through gamefly (no other games out interest me) so I'll have it till Madden comes out and probably just play it for and enjoy it until Madden drops, at least I'll have some draft classes and a RTG or two to transfer then send it on back.

If it's better then I expect, I'll definatelly pick it up. But if it's anything close to playing like 11 played, I'll just wait till I can get it cheap or just pick up 11 again next year for cheap and see what 13 offers.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #34
Rookie

blkprince04's Arena

OVR: 6

can't go wrong with either game.......
Old 06-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #35

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I usually get bored of Madden...Each game feels the same (not enough different play styles and disparity in team talent). Plus I like recruiting more than I like spending ficticious dollars on players. By the time year 3 of franchise mode rolls around, things feel too fake. It also drives me nuts whenever I am in the middle of franchise mode, and a team in real life cuts a player that is already entrenched on a team in my chise.

I have a much easier time in the NCAA fantasy world simply because it is ALL ficticious. My imagination has a much tougher time with Madden.

Lastly, the player turnover in NCAA is appealing. I like the fact that I am only going to have players for 3 or 4 years at a time. In Madden, you're just constantly building with no dropoffs. I never feel like I am truly preparing for the future like I am on NCAA where I am constantly focused on replacing guys.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

Last edited by Deegeezy; 06-11-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I usually get bored of Madden...Each game feels the same (not enough different play styles and disparity in team talent). Plus I like recruiting more than I like spending ficticious dollars on players. By the time year 3 of franchise mode rolls around, things feel too fake. It also drives me nuts whenever I am in the middle of franchise mode, and a team in real life cuts a player that is already entrenched on a team in my chise.

I have a much easier time in the NCAA fantasy world simply because it is ALL ficticious. My imagination has a much tougher time with Madden.

Lastly, the player turnover in NCAA is appealing. I like the fact that I am only going to have players for 3 or 4 years at a time. In Madden, you're just constantly building with no dropoffs.
Fully agree.
Even though they changed how the Draft works(i want to see how that works), I didnt like how you knew potential. So you basically knew who was going to be great vs bad.
Could get lost in Recruting last year. There was tons of times where I would sim games just to get back into the recruiting. For me it is a different feeling from me in Madden and NCAA. In Madden you can be set by time the 3rd season starts. In NCAA you always have stay on your feet because you only had players for 3-4 seasons. Since you didnt really know who was good, it was a great feeling to sign a great players. Another part of recruiting I liked was you had to recruit to your playtyle. I signed a 88 JUCO(JR) QB and was excited. But I realized that he didnt fit my scheme, and a 78 QB played way better.
I like the changes in both games. I like the small stuff changed in NCAA recruiting, like recruiting mirroring default rosters(with no big dropoffs). I like the changes in Madden. I dont like that we are stuck with 10 picks per draft, especially since with expanded rosters
Old 06-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 9

i would suggest get both if you can.

I wasn't plan on getting madden this year after madden '10 and especially '11 became dust collectors maybe after 2 months of purchase date. (midnight release purchase)

College is always fun to play because so many teams to build up.

Its not a get better quick by splurging money like the nfl. If you don't recruit/train good your squad will suck.

I'm most excited about the coaching carousel.

For years i would enter the names of the coaches to give the teams some kind of life. Now that coaches will retire/quit/transfer it will be sweet. to see new coaches after 5 years of dynasty. Hopefully keeping the mode from going stale.

I would like to play online dynasty more often but can never find a legit dynasty. with legit players. so i spend most of time off line.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I would keep the 11 versions until you are sure that the 12 versions don't have any major gamebreaking issues.
never understood why people trade/sell their games. I traded one game and i hated the fact i did afterwards. Why waste 40-60 dollars on a brand new game only to trade it for 10 dollars at a later date.

I just keep my games and let them stack as collectors items. If i want a game that bad i'll purchase if i can or at least rent it until i can afford it.

However i want to get back and start gearing up for year NCAA 12 with some playing time from NCAA 11 but feels weird since i had a huge drop off in playing time.
So i'm stuck with no football titles until july.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Although Madden looks great this year I'd 100% say NCAA. Why? Simple, NCAA has consistently been the superior game over the last few years. Until Madden proves otherwise anyone only buying one game should go with the proven and rent the unproven. And let's face facts here, Madden looks great but it's looks has not been the issue the past few years, the gameplay has..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Although Madden looks great this year I'd 100% say NCAA. Why? Simple, NCAA has consistently been the superior game over the last few years. Until Madden proves otherwise anyone only buying one game should go with the proven and rent the unproven. And let's face facts here, Madden looks great but it's looks has not been the issue the past few years, the gameplay has..
MY thoughts exactly. I always loved NCAA. Madden looks great, but it always looked good. Player Traits and DPP is intriguing, though. I love CC and small changes to Dynasty. I am sure going to love RTG this year. I am not as excited for Custom Playbooks in Madden as I am in NCAA. Mainly because of the intricate formations and plays of the college game, Pro-style,Air Raid, Run n Shoot, Triple Option, Pistol , Multiple, SPread. In NFL there is only Pro-style and not to many run-heavy formations.

For me NCAA has more depth in key modes. Dynasty looks deep( I cant wait to start at Memphis as a OC), RTG looks deep, Online Dynasty is similar to Offline(I dont play Online at all, though), Team Builder, Custom Stadium Sounds, Custom Conferences and Custom, Recruiting has gotten some changes. So I am all in for NCAA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »