Home

NCAA or Madden? Need HONEST opinions.

This is a discussion on NCAA or Madden? Need HONEST opinions. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon5 NCAA or Madden? Need HONEST opinions.

Whats up guys. I usually pick up Madden every year but think its time for a change. I am a broke college student so I can only afford one football game per year. Madden 12 looks nice so far, but it seems like they only concentrated on the offline franchise. I'm an online guy so i guess i wont be missing anything.

But i just wanted to hear you's guys opinions on NCAA and Madden, which one you prefer and why. I'm thinking about picking up NCAA 12 this year instead of Madden, but i need some encouragement and insight as i am a complete noob to the game. I'm a very casual college football fan so i dont know too much about teams, playbooks etc. I'd appreciate it if you guys could answer a few questions for me:

Is the gameplay in NCAA different from Madden? If so, how?

Would u say the NCAA online dynasty is better, or the Madden online franchise?(I'm a 90% online player btw)

Defense? College football is known for its high powered offense, but can u effectively play defense in the game?

I may be a noob to the college football scene, but i still love football and would like to pick up the game that is better at forcing me to think and implement strategy. The fact that NCAA has so many different teams is a big plus in my eyes. Do u guys feel a unique experience each time u face a different school?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA or Madden? Need HONEST opinions.

This is deinately not the year to go away from Madden. Madden will most likely be more polished. I guess people could give you a better/accurate response when the games are released.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

This year it seems like Madden has the upper hand for the first time in a long time.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 06-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you are a hardcore online guy, then NCAA 12 is great with Online Dynasty. If you find a good dynasty to play in you will have fun long term.

I'm curious to see what Madden 12 will announce for Online Franchise. If they tightened this area up it makes a huge difference for me. I'm an online guy too.

NCAA is gonna be great regardless. You can even recruit and sim games from the Dynasty website. I'd like to see a little more info about Madden Online Franchise before making a final choice.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Shouldnt pass on either IMO.
YouTube: TBD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

IMO Madden easily. I'm more of an NCAA guy. Last year was the 1st year since 92 that i didn't get Madden. However for the 5 or 6 years before last i would buy Madden, play it for 2 weeks, hate it and never touch it again but i always loved NCAA.

But this year, even though NCAA still looks great, Madden looks nuts. The broadcast presentation looks amazing, the Player Progression will make every game feel different and they finally improved Franchise mode.

NCAA still looks fun but it looks like it no longer is on top when it comes to football games.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Is the gameplay in NCAA different from Madden? If so, how? Yes. Scrambling QBs are more common, a wider variety of playbooks, and the option. Also, at least versus Madden 11, NCAA is a little more polished/

Would u say the NCAA online dynasty is better, or the Madden online franchise?(I'm a 90% online player btw) I don't know. I like Dynasty more than Franchise, but I play offline

Defense? College football is known for its high powered offense, but can u effectively play defense in the game? With good sliders. However, defense looks much improved in this year's NCAA

I may be a noob to the college football scene, but i still love football and would like to pick up the game that is better at forcing me to think and implement strategy. The fact that NCAA has so many different teams is a big plus in my eyes. Do u guys feel a unique experience each time u face a different school? Yes. Every team has a different playbook, and play style. This will be especially big this year with upgraded player tendancies and dynamic attendance
Answers above
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

I like NCAA football better. More teams. Recruiting is tougher, dynasty is longer and more fun. The NFL gets boring to me. Always being able to sign the players i want its too easy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »