Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - E3 Gameplay: Alabama vs. Auburn

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - E3 Gameplay: Alabama vs. Auburn within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA 12 Gamplay Unedited

I, like many OS users, am going to always look for stuff we don't like. I'm fine with the pass rush in the video becasue there's not much time for the DL to get through before the ball is thrown, but my biggest issue that shows me one of the biggest flaws isn't corrected is at the 2:24 mark, AJ McCarron rolls right and slightly backward and is able to throw the ball 37 yards right on spot. Now, we don't know his ratings but there is no way it should be an accurate throw. As long as the QB can run around freely and make accurate throws, we will never see the benefits of a good pass rush. I know the pass was tipped away, but it was right on the money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 32

So I guess no one noticed that they removed those ridiculous sounding drum chants and replaced with some percussion chants that sound pretty darn sweet.

The sound is awesome!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #67
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah I rather see a full game between a user and the cpu. Particularly against a spread shotgun running team like Oregon.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #68
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

The thing that I picked up the most was the improved crowd reactions. Too many times in NCAA 11 you would run for a huge gain, or catch a long bomb and the crowd would react like the game hadn't started.

On the big Bama plays the crowd had that "moan" sound to it, and the opposite on some of the Auburn plays.

Besides the crowd, the game is looking like 11, but better. Can't wait to try out the new tackling system.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Alabama drive: 4 passes 1 run...touchdown...once again it's way to easy to pass with blind, unskilled button pushes that result in passes right on the money every time. The only reason the endzone pass got batted down is because the dude threw on the run and it's predetermined to be an incompletion in that scenario. Very disapointing.

Gameplay looks exactly the same as it did last year. I literally can't tell the difference.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 17

Ok, the DLine did look a BIT weak in the video, but I think its nothing the sliders can't fix. Overall, in terms of how the game looks, I'll have to agree with Christian McLoed's assessment of the game in his preview. The running animations and tackling animations look very polished, and while there seems to be a bit of a gliding feel, its nowhere near what it used to be. I love that. One thing I am disappointed with is the commentary. Too many dead zones where Kirk and Brad arent saying anything. Also, I didn't notice much improvement with the crowds
Georgia Bulldogs
Miami Hurricanes

Teambuilder ID: ttrojan2
Old 06-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 19

Folks must remember, EA likes to crank things up TOO high.

I loved the the announcer heard through the overhead.
It finally has that Bass tone that was miising.

Only problem is that they got the anouncers blarring to loud over the top of everything.
I think when we turn it down to a Realistic volume, the stadium will sound much better.

I still don't like the Standing 2-Step dance that is done on Special Teams.
There are no players hiiting the ground after contact.
Everyone is standing and dancing until the Def player does that Swim Move or the push off to get by.

(They always say it's been Tuned, but they never tell what ratings are the drivers)

Also, folks must remember that EA's Default rosters are "ALWAYS" rated TOO high which drives some of the things being seen in the Vid's.

OL/DL:
-I wonder what the Player Ratings are since they said Ratings will actually matter now.

WR:
-I can see that Route Running is very high for default rosters which would be the driver for such Crisp/Perfect routes the Vid's showing.

The good thing for me is that I didn't play NCAA '09, "10 or '11 that much, so it might look/play fresh for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #72
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
So I guess no one noticed that they removed those ridiculous sounding drum chants and replaced with some percussion chants that sound pretty darn sweet.

The sound is awesome!
The atmosphere seems to be much better, I do like that. I am a guy who cranks up the crowd and field noise to the max every year so I will enjoy the new sounds

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »