Home

NCAA Football 12 Team Ratings and Prestige Revealed (Tradition Sports Online)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Team Ratings and Prestige Revealed (Tradition Sports Online) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA 12: TSO breaks down all 120 teams ratings and prestige

Michigan's defense being a B+ is laughable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0

Well UAB isn't the WORST team... Some of the ratings are questionable...but then again, doesn't every sports video game give an edge to 1, 2 or 3 teams over the rest?
Old 06-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Syracuse has a B- overall. I'd be fine with that if the defense was rated higher than what EA gave it the offense was rated much lower since its what held the team back all year. Syracuse's defense was ranked 7th in Division 1 football holding teams to 165.3 passing ypg and 136.2 rushing ypg according to CBSSports.com and they got a B- while the offense got a B? How are these ratings derived? Syracuse is a 4 prestige school not a 3.
MLB: New York Mets
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
Old 06-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #68
Banned

TheRealCar10ck's Arena

OVR: 8

LSU 6*...ballin. Definitely right though. I'd rank us #3 in the polls though
Old 06-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 19

The Main issue I have with these High ratings is that the players across the board must have high ratings to bump up their OVR's which elevates the Teams OVR to notated level.

With that, as stated, the Recruits will be in line with the default rosters, and we went through this garbage last year with their Tuner Adjustments to ratings that caused issues in other areas after Tuner was applied.

I do remember Dev's mentioning that teams will improve/drop depending on season play, which hopefully means Recruits with High Ratings will not go to lower rated schools or the Ohio State's having 50'ish rated players on their roster as a means of balancing out a Dynasty after year 5.

But I'm also realistic about what's dropping on July 12 also.

There hasn't been a year thus far, were a Patch/Tuner wasn't needed to fix something in this area since being on Next-Gen.

I thought I heard that NCAA had DPP which would negate all of the rating discussion, but realized it takes a couple of years to get something like this included.

It's amazing how so many other things were high on the priority list, yet allowing Recruits or Mid-Season player editing was not up there while they listened to the community.

Very strange!!!

Part B:
In order for Teams to be rated so high, player's must have high ratings across the board to increase their OVR which increases the Team OVR.

Well with that being the case, that would mean that players must have ratings in areas increased that would push them out of their Classification.

Meaning, in order to have an 85'ish OVR OL, his positional ratings would have to be jacked up to meet that OVR.
-His Pass and Run Blocking attributes must be rated high as all tie into the OVR for OL

Problem here is that with the way the current system works, such a high OVR means that OL is Classified as a "Balanced" lineman.

If teams are supposed to play towards their Playbook style, how will an Option Team perform when the Style requires a Run Blocker or an Air-Raid Team that depends on a Pass Blocker, but must have Balanced classified player in order to have a high rated O'Lineman?

Can't have a 85 rated Run Blocker because the current system forces them to be classified as "Balanced" as you increase the positional attributes that separate the two.

They've Tuned players to behave according to their classification (see ? pertaining to Scrambling QB's) so could there be a correlation with why some have noted how Spread Teams (AI) are having issues with running consistantly out of those systems?
-Is there a major difference between a Balanced OL and a Run Blocking OL?

-If not, how can an OL perform within the respective play style they're in if the Classification is outside the type of lineman needed for the Offense to behave accordingly?

This issue also pertains to 3-4 OLB's.
They are either classified as Coverage or Run Stoppers, while there is no classification as Pass Rusher for them.

Again, if they've Tuned so that player's will behave according to their Classification, we will have the same issue with non-rushing 3-4 OLB's as last year.

2nd, how will we know which LB's are coded to be Pass Rushers if there is no Classification to let the gamer know?

I apoligize if I haven't worded my concern correctly so that folks can understand what I'm trying to say, but some things just don't add up and I foresee us going through the same Patch/Tuner waiting game that we had to endure last year to help Gameplay because of Ratings effect.

Oh, well!!!

Last edited by khaliib; 06-08-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #70
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal123gunners
How does michigan get a B+ on defense? Their secondary was god awful last year
My thought exactly!!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #71
Rookie

STLcardz-NDirish's Arena

OVR: 6

Wow Michigan is waaaaay overrated.
how the hell does notre dame drop to a 5* program???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #72
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

When is their last BCS bowl win?

Six Star is the top dogs man

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »