Home

EA Sports Could Take Some Notes From The 2K In Terms Of Commentary

This is a discussion on EA Sports Could Take Some Notes From The 2K In Terms Of Commentary within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #33
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports Could Take Some Notes From The 2K In Terms Of Commentary

Every game's commentary will get old after a certain amount of time. However, it shouldn't be old THE MOMENT I PLAY MY FIRST GAME. This has been the issue with the past few years of NCAA. I'm also one of the ones that turn off commentary for 90% of my games. I actually feel it's more immersible not to have it on, as living in the fantasy that I'm a coach, I wouldn't be able to hear commentary during the game anyway.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #34
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3

The commentary in the game drives me insane. I have been excited for this year's game, but as soon as I saw the first clip of Haumiller playing against some IGN writer and heard the exact same lines I've heard the past 5 years my enthusiasm dropped. It is so annoying to hear the same line for every kickoff, and every tackle, and every other thing in the game. I haven't played NBA 2k11, but the commentary in MLB 2k11 is awesome. EA has to dump this crew and start over, Herbstreit is the biggest voice in college football right now, but he's killing this game because there is no variety. Bring in actors or whatever else it takes, just make it better please.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #35
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
I couldn't even imagine playing a game without commentary. Every since I heard it on the old Joe Montana Sports Talk Football, I was hooked. And we all know how horrible that commentary was. It was horrible, even when no other game at the time had commentary. LOL

Dude its complete cheese by the way
"It is second down. I. Can't. Believe. It."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #36
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
No other company could step up to the plate and I fully believe that. At this point in time no other company is capable. Even at this point 2K sports is only putting out two sports games on a yearly basis, compared to EA's however many.

It's not an excuse but to claim they are doing nothing, and completely ignoring the things they have added.

Like you, I used to be completely opposed to EA and went on a skid of not buying games for a few years, especially when they sent out a survey a few years back and NOTHING from the list was added to the game, it felt like a slap to the face. Yet now you see them adding some things, they also have to answer to the NCAA which if you cannot tell from just dealings in real life with athletes they want to be portrayed in a certain way. I don't know what you are specifically asking for because you've been extremely general to this point so I can assume unless your hoping for suspensions or playoffs, than NCAA shouldn't be an issue.

You can continue to believe that a one year development cycle is not an issue but there are other studios that have said that being in the sports industry is the hardest and EA is one of the few that have been making games on a nearly annual basis.

Like I said, EA isn't perfect but your seemingly just tearing them down for no reason other than to bring some rage around. Especially since you turned a talk about their commentary (lack of) and brought it into an argument of laziness and quick patch jobs.

Edit:

I'll try to find a link, I saw it somewhere on here, but I'm pretty sure it was for Madden, not sure if that flows to NCAA or not. At least they see it as an issue finally.
There's a lot of flawed logic here. The only reason no other company can step up to the plate is due to exclusive licenses, not because EA is doing something so profound that it cannot be matched.

Also, I am not as you say, completely against EA. If they make what in my view is a solid offering, then they'll get my money. It's as simple as that. However, if they continue to make the type of games they've made on this gen of consoles, they won't see a dime from me.

I gave you quotes from the devs themselves highlighting their approach to commentary.

Game developers always have and always will face hurdles (time, resources, technology). Hence, the Hyman Roth quote.

However, the EA spin doctors have used this site and others to prop up the one year dev cycle as the main reason why they can't do this or haven't done that. Sorry but I'm not a kool aid drinker.

When they released a game which sliders did not work at all, was that because of the one year dev cycle too?

Your assertion that I'm tearing them down is laughable. Their track record speaks for itself. I don't need to tear them down. Community dissatisfaction with their product persists and grows independent of my musings.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #37
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm fine with getting professional voice actors...don't care about hearing the real announcers during games at all.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #38
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
I'm fine with getting professional voice actors...don't care about hearing the real announcers during games at all.
Yep. I agree with that.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #39
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I think the biggest obstacle in getting dynamic commentary for NCAA football is the whole player license issue. Yeah they need to get more dynamic about teams and how they are performing in a Dynasty, but if they start talking about individual players they run the risk of a lawsuit.

The commentary needs to become more dynamic within the games themselves and giving more context to the matchup and the teams in it. If they can at least accurately talk about the seasons the two teams are having, and how they have matched up with each other in the past then it will be a huge step forward.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »