Home

PA Pass?

This is a discussion on PA Pass? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #33
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: PA Pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
PA works perfect on AA I've had some huge gains with it you just have to call it at the right time
Same here, but I do agree with the masses about getting sacked a lot. Sure, I have had it work, but I'd say 60% of the time my QB gets blown up while he is still in the PA animation.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #34
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar
While people may be all happy that the QB didn't get sacked on that play (which is good ) But the point of playaction is to make the LB's and Safety's think your running. In that play neither of the safety's or 3 LB's bit on that.
Good point. There's a difference between completing a pass running PA and completing a pass correctly when running PA. Sure, I can dump it off when running the PA, but that's not the reason to run PA.

If the PA pass works right you should see Safeties and LB's getting fooled from time to time. It shouldn't happen every time, but in NCAA it seems PA is just an elongated QB drop back and has no real effect on the defense.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #35
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
on AA have you guys tried PA out of any of the ace formations? I use the generic one back playbook and when I use PA it's typically out of either the base 2 TE set or the base 3 WR set. I don't run it a lot probably only around 7-10 times per game at the most and of course I'll get sacked on occasion, but not nearly as often as what I'm hearing here. My guess is that the one back formation play fakes aren't as drawn out as much, but I don't really have much to compare it to
Thats what I was looking for. I use multiple playbook but I played a guy in an OD who used your PB and he was able to run PA 5-6 times on a single drive and not get sacked.

Regardless, a number of formations have a really long drawn out PA animation but some plays in 11 are designed well enough to work....

Althought I will say I still don't see LBs reacting to the play fake

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #36
Rookie

usaftacp121's Arena

OVR: 1

i played with PA for awhile on 11 after reading a couple of posts from this thread. It seems there is (obviously) something that causes the the Oline not to adjust from when the sell the run and go right off the line then into pass blocking. It seems right after making contact and going into Pass block mode the are unable to keep there block. i Ran PA randomly 20 times and was sacked 16 times, usually very quickly, and i made no attempt to get out of the pocket. Then over 3 games i ran it set up another 20 times and was still sacked 15 times. I did not push to the roll out PA plays to often, but on the few attempts i did, i was sacked before i could roll out anyhow. I split shotgun form PA plays and under center PA plays 10 and 10 on each attempt. This was on AA, 8 min Quarters, with customs sliders found on this website w/ run and shoot playbook.

This is just one man's assessment but i have to agree with the masses and say its pretty broken. It could just be me but, before i declare anything broken i like to see why. happy hunting.
RIP #42 PT "RLTW"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »