Home

Analyzing EA's prestige rankings vs ESPN system

This is a discussion on Analyzing EA's prestige rankings vs ESPN system within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Analyzing EA's prestige rankings vs ESPN system

Yah based off that you could say Iowa is a 4* close to 5*. If you figure EA put 10 6* on the game, based on ESPN's grading Ohio St, Oklahoma, USC, Florida, Miami, Texas, FSU, LSU, Va Tech, and Alabama would be 6 stars. I could see arguments for Miami not deserving it but they were great in the last 10 years! Just had below average (for Miami) the last few. You could then say Georgia, Auburn, Michigan, Wisconsin, Oregon, Boise St, Tennessee, Nebraska, TCU, Penn St and Utah as 5*. Probably West Va also as they are a couple points from Utah.

I can honestly say at least with those grades I would mostly agree with more of those than EA's. Penn St is not a 6*, and there is absolutely no statistical proof that can support them being that high. Auburn, Oregon are really close and could understand Auburn just cuz of the NC and the one they were robbed a chance at in 2004.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #10
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Yah based off that you could say Iowa is a 4* close to 5*. If you figure EA put 10 6* on the game, based on ESPN's grading Ohio St, Oklahoma, USC, Florida, Miami, Texas, FSU, LSU, Va Tech, and Alabama would be 6 stars. I could see arguments for Miami not deserving it but they were great in the last 10 years! Just had below average (for Miami) the last few. You could then say Georgia, Auburn, Michigan, Wisconsin, Oregon, Boise St, Tennessee, Nebraska, TCU, Penn St and Utah as 5*. Probably West Va also as they are a couple points from Utah.

I can honestly say at least with those grades I would mostly agree with more of those than EA's. Penn St is not a 6*, and there is absolutely no statistical proof that can support them being that high. Auburn, Oregon are really close and could understand Auburn just cuz of the NC and the one they were robbed a chance at in 2004.
I agree with you. Some schools got too much credit

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I agree with you. Some schools got too much credit
Yah a lot of people are complaining about their team being too low and this team too high. When you break it down there are only a handful, but there are some teams that our glaring mistakes(Penn St). I have seen a lot of crying about Fresno St being a 2*. Their score was a 55. By comparison Kansas who is also a 2* is a 35, while Stanford who is a 4* has a 53?

Last edited by schumj; 06-10-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #12
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Just proves that EA overrated the Hawkeyes this year! Why does an 8-5 season get you to 5*?
Texas was 5-7 and they are a 6*.. Prestige isn't something that you lose after one mediocre year..

Be thankful they threw Iowa State a bone and gave you a second prestige star..
Old 06-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #13
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikefan24
Texas was 5-7 and they are a 6*.. Prestige isn't something that you lose after one mediocre year..

Be thankful they threw Iowa State a bone and gave you a second prestige star..
The problem is, IN THIS GAME, prestige IS something you lose after one mediocre year. In the game, had that happened, when you advanced to the off-season you would have lost a star. That is my main beef with the ratings is they don't follow EAs own rules

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »