Home

Creating a Hall Of Fame in Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Creating a Hall Of Fame in Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
Rookie

phily915's Arena

OVR: 5
Creating a Hall Of Fame in Dynasty Mode

With the arrival of NCAA12, I am planning on documenting players on my team (and possibly throughout the league) that have statistics that stick out to me. I want to do this, so in season 15 I can compare and contrast my current players with my players of the past (and eventually see how these great NCAA HoF players pan out in the NFL - Madden12). To do this, I am going to set up a point system. So as follows would be the criteria and an example for a RB's season/career. So in order for a player to be considered in the HoF, They will need to reach a certain point total over their career (i.e. 10,000 points in statistics alone)

(To set up the point system, I am using 2,000 rushing/receiving yards and 20 rushing/receiving TD's as the base for a stellar season and if the player is to rush for 2,000 and 20, I want for the yards and TD's to equal each other. In other words, I want 2,000 yards to be equal to 20 TD's and 20 TD's to equal 2,000 yards. I also wanted to include yards per carry (YPC). Since that is a little less important than yards and TD's, I have assigned 4 YPC = 500 points as the baseline. Also, the receptions baseline is a 100 reception season to equal 500 points)

Here is the point break down per statistical category:
Rushing Yards - 0.5 points
Receiving Yards - 0.5 points
Yards Per Carry - 125 points
Rushing TD's - 50 points
Receiving TD's - 50 points
Receptions - 5 points

So if player Rushing for 2,000 yards and 20 TD's:
2,000 yards x (0.5) = 1,000 points
20 TD's x (50) = 1,000 points

I chose the 2,000 yards and 20 TDs as the base because I know all of us have accomplished this with a running back before although it is difficult in the game. In real life, this is extremely difficult. We all know that stats are slightly inflated in playing this games vs. the cpu or user.

Furthurmore, I want season accomplishments to add to the players HoF standing. Here is a breakdown of Bowl Game points along with Season trophies:

Win BCS Championship - 1,000 points
Lose BCS Championship - 800 points
Win BCS Bowl (NOT Championship) - 750 points
Lose BCS Bowl (NOT Championship) - 600 points
Win any other Bowl - 500 points
Lose any other Bowl - 250 points

Heisman Trophy - 1,000 points
All Other Trophies - 250 points

***These are just some initial thoughts on creating the HoF for my dynasty. Sorry for the huge write up, but this is just the point system for Running Backs/Wide Receivers. I was hoping for some help for the Defensive Side of the ball since I don't really know what would be considered a stellar season in regards to Tackles, Sacks, Interceptions, Caused Fumbles, Fumble Recoveries, etc.

Also, I plan to add in Kickoff Return Yards and TD's for the offensive side of the ball as well.

Please add your thoughts and opinions to help me here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Creating a Hall Of Fame in Dynasty Mode

You should scale the years so that players who may have only played for a single year but dominated like Barry Sanders in '88 get consideration with those who are multi year performers.

Also how do you plan on doing non-skill position players such as O-Line or DTs
Old 06-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
Rookie

phily915's Arena

Thanks for your help. For the Barry Sanders idea, lets say 10,000 points over a career(3-4 years) is HoF worry. if you have a player that is stuck behind a HoF player his whole career and only gets one year at it, then if he reaches 2,500 points in 1 year then you could simply multiply that by 3 or 4 (or 3.5) to see if it takes him over the 10,000 point plateau. If that player gets 5,000 points in 1 season, it's obvious there skills and play are incredible enough to be HoF status like BSanders and his 37 TD's one year!

For OT's, I was thinking of using the pancakes statistic and sacks allowed into some sort of equation. Like Orlando Pace having 75 pancakes over his career and 1 sack allowed, I could use those stats. Along with the trophies for best OT. Somewhat limited but i think it could work somewhat.

DT's, I would use sacks, tackles. anything I could use statistically. Trophies.
Those will be tough i understand
Old 06-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

I like this idea. but year going to have to outline QB's too along with LB's and DB's as well. Your scale works for the RB/WR but all the other positions is undefined
Old 06-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OK so after my post i decided to get do my own version of a scale.
Being that 2500 pts for offense is a great season. Anything over is an all time great season.

Defensive points are all subjective to a great year. Anywhere between 1000-2000 pts pending on the postion

Here is my scale (the OL is still undetermined) Oh and no points for Bowl losses in my scale

QB
- 0.25 per Pass Yd
- 30 per Pass TD
- 65% completion, 200 pts
- (-15) per INT

RB
- 0.5 per rush yard
- 50 per Rush TD
- 6.0 YPC, 200 Pts
- (-25) per fumble

WR
- 0.5 per rec yard
- 50 per Rec TD
- 15 YPC, 200 pts
- (-25) per drop

Defensive
- 10 pts per tackle
- 25 pts per TFL
- 50 pts per Sack
- 100 per INT
- 50 per deflection
-150 per FR/FF
- 300 per TD

Special Teams
- 50 per TD
- 0.25 for PR/KR returns
Accolades
500 pts for NC Win
250 pts for BCS Win
150 pts for Bow Win

Heisman 500 pts
Any other Award 200 pts

All American
1st team 150
2nd team 100
All Frosh 75

All Conference
1st team 100
2nd team 50

Edit note: changed the YPC and completion numbers to lower realistic numbers.

Last edited by osubeavs721; 06-11-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Rookie

phily915's Arena

I like your ideas. I started working on the qb's before i saw your post.

qbs:
5000 yards = 1,000 pts
40 TD's = 1,000 pts
70% completion = 500 pts
4 yards per carry (min. 100 carries) = 500 pts

I also did my best to find all stats and awards for Eddie George and Reggie Bush (did not factor PR/KR into the equations). I factored in bowl wins, all american awards, other awards (that are also in the game like doak walker,etc), and conference championships. here are the results for EG and RB:

Eddie George - 10,379.50 pts.
Reggie Bush - 12,607.90 pts.

Like I said, did not factor in PR/KR, otherwise, RBush would have tons more points. But just wanted to get a baseline for their rushing, receiving, and occasional passing statistics. So I feel 10,000 points over a career may be a good number to go with. Since eddie wasn't much of a KR/PR or receiver and he is still in the HoF...

Will work on the defensive side when i get some more time
Old 06-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

I forgot about AA and Conf teams so i edited my post

Im going to post some sample players here shortly for single years and career
Old 06-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
Rookie

phily915's Arena

don't forget to add defensive td's as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »