Home

NCAA Football 12 Videos - California vs. USC (MaddenNews)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Videos - California vs. USC (MaddenNews) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #33
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 12 Videos - California vs. USC (MaddenNews)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
I noticed that. It's not even like the screen just switched, it's like it was TWO Trojan guys in the same screen. If that's in the final build, USC fans will flip.
And Ben just stood there blatantly staring right at it. I hope he sees that needs to be fixed
Old 06-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #34
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
^^ LOL! He sure did just stand there. Hopefully it will be fixed as these are the little things that annoy me. Other then that the game looks really good. I can't wait to get my hand on the demo to try it out.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #35
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: www.MADDENNEWS.com viewing the NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
you do know that is not a final build right?
I would think it's pretty close to the final build seeing that the game probably goes final in about 3 weeks. Not to mention, many of the things I talked about have been in the game for years. I doubt 3 weeks is going to make a difference. But who knows? Maybe it will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #36
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I would think it's pretty close to the final build seeing that the game probably goes final in about 3 weeks. Not to mention, many of the things I talked about have been in the game for years. I doubt 3 weeks is going to make a difference. But who knows? Maybe it will.
That doesn't mean the build at E3 was current as of E3. It was most likely weeks old, at least.

If it helps, there was a glitch were Tony Romo came out twice during the Cowboys entrance in Madden. Phil said that was already fixed before E3.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #37
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I was on my phone earlier and couldn't really comment but I will say this:

Considering this is on varsity the CPU offense did a pretty great job moving the ball. As already said, the CPU rb logic seems to be 1,000x better this year which is a big relief.

Restating that I like seeing the game run on the PS3. It looks good, the lighting and helmets looked pretty nifty just like on the 360. Hard to tell from videos, seems like the 360 version might be a bit more detailed but it clearly looks good enough on the PS3.

The presentation stuff really doesnt bother me because honestly I skip that stuff anyway. I understand the concerns though and maybe they will fix it before going gold.

I agree with Khalib the next thing that should be worked on is WR aggressiveness. You don't see jump ball scenarios nearly enough in the games in my opinion. Yeah, you do see it, but I think 1 out of 5 times I run a goal line fade it ends up looking like one.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 29

I've never seen someone so impressed by a bottle of water before. I liked the vid a lot does anyone know if the "Predator" formation is specific to Cal's playbook or is that new for the generic 3-4 D? I primarily use the generic 3-4 and I've never seen that one before
Old 06-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #39
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Correct me if I am wrong but predator was in Madden 11 and is a default 3-4 PB formation now

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:06 PM   #40
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

A few forms of the predator are in NCAA 11 in the 3-3-5 playbook. 3-3-5 spread and i think its 3-3-5 46. The OLB dont put their hands down but they are still basiclly playing DE on that side and line up on the line of scrimmage.

With great LBs and a good Dline the 3-3-5 worked really well as a base vs users, and even the zones covered were a little better because you could drop 7-8 or send 4 or 5 from different places and still get that little confusion and hesitation to make a play on defense.

Last edited by smace767; 06-11-2011 at 10:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »