Home

CPU fake punts fixed?

This is a discussion on CPU fake punts fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
CPU fake punts fixed?

Any word if the predictable CPU fake punts around midfield have FINALLY been fixed? It was in NCAA '09, I didn't play NCAA '10 so I assume it was still in there because it was also in NCAA '11.

It goes like this: The CPU has the ball on fourth down just inside the 50-yard line. It can be fourth-and-nine. The CPU will run a fake punt a frightening amount of the time. It's gotten so that I will just call a regular defense in those situations - and the CPU will STILL run the fake!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #2

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: CPU fake punts fixed?

Not sure on the answer to this but I can't say that this has been an issue for me. I see maybe 2 to 3 fake punts per season.

Though in a recent dynasty game, I did have the CPU try 3 in one game against me, which was obviously ridiculous. Considering how bad the team was I was playing and how bad their punter was though, I just chalked it up to them trying to pull out all the stops against the mighty Green Wave. haha

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 06-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Not sure on the answer to this but I can't say that this has been an issue for me. I see maybe 2 to 3 fake punts per season.

Though in a recent dynasty game, I did have the CPU try 3 in one game against me, which was obviously ridiculous. Considering how bad the team was I was playing and how bad their punter was though, I just chalked it up to them trying to pull out all the stops against the mighty Green Wave. haha
Good to hear from you, DGZ. Can't wait to see what you're cookin' in NCAA '12.

It has been beyond ridiculous for me in my '09 and '11 dynasties. Very predictable. Like I said, I have gotten to the point of just calling a regular defense and dropping a safety back to field the punt.

I don't think EA is aware of this glitch or even cares about it. It's not the kind of thing that you tout in a press release, so why bother fixing it?
Old 06-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
Good to hear from you, DGZ. Can't wait to see what you're cookin' in NCAA '12.

It has been beyond ridiculous for me in my '09 and '11 dynasties. Very predictable. Like I said, I have gotten to the point of just calling a regular defense and dropping a safety back to field the punt.

I don't think EA is aware of this glitch or even cares about it. It's not the kind of thing that you tout in a press release, so why bother fixing it?
Sorry mang..I'm not getting 12. I'm sticking with my Tulane dynasty on 11 until I get bored and then calling it quits (I'm in year 9 right now and I think I have another 3 or 4 years in me at least though) .

Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

I had no problems with it either honestly. the CPU fake usually early in the game when they were high ranked team and my team wasn't. Completely realistic IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

Quote:
Sorry mang..I'm not getting 12. I'm sticking with my Tulane dynasty on 11 until I get bored and then calling it quits (I'm in year 9 right now and I think I have another 3 or 4 years in me at least though) .
Quits? For good? Say it ain't so!!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:29 AM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
Quits? For good? Say it ain't so!!!!!
We'll see man...The thing is, I'm just not interested in starting a new dynasty after this one. Maybe a year or two down the road that'll change but for now, it is time to let it go (Time is becoming a bit of a chore to find).

Like I said though, I'm still having fun with this one and there is no telling how long it will go.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #8
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

Quote:
We'll see man...The thing is, I'm just not interested in starting a new dynasty after this one. Maybe a year or two down the road that'll change but for now, it is time to let it go (Time is becoming a bit of a chore to find).

Like I said though, I'm still having fun with this one and there is no telling how long it will go.
I totally get it. My disposable time for gaming isn't what it used to be. I started that CMU 'nasty and was enjoying it, but got so far behind on posting and found so little time to play that I did what I hate to see others do - let it die shortly after starting a thread.

I'm hoping that getting an earlier start on an NCAA '12 'nasty will allow me to knock down a lot of seasons, like I prefer to do, without having to cram in games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »