Home

Recruiting dilemna

This is a discussion on Recruiting dilemna within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Recruiting dilemna

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Typical SEC over recruiting fan.

I try to keep it realistic, and purposely sign no more than 1-2 players than my scholarships cover me for, because that would at minimum cover me for transfers + early departures for the Pros.
I laughed

I do the same, but I sign 3 over the available schollies (What the Big10 allows). I try and keep my roster around 67 players, to leave room for possible transfers, and I might cut one or two incoming freshman now and then pretend they didn't qualify or something. I try not to cut any upperclassmen, I will cut a transfer though.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

With only 70 players on the roster you have to try and sign as many good players as you can and cut the players who aren't as good. And thats not even unrealistic because scholarships only last one year IRL, coaches have the choice to renew them for players every year. Thats basically what you are doing.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
This would add to realism for sure. I know in my online dynasty one season in particular I was stacked with underclassmen. I was literally only going after 9 guys and they all had me at #1. But I knew that another guy in my OD really REALLY wanted a particular QB. He was at a lower-prestige school and this QB was the only 4* interested in him, and was very good and a scrambler. I was loaded at QB and prefer pocket passers. But I had better pitch ratings for recruiting and an extra hour to spend. So I went after him... got him... and cut him - just to keep him off of the other guy's team!

Recruiting is brutal.
LOL as a guy who has rolled as USC and PSU for 10+ seasons in an OD I feel that other guys pain. For the majority of the dynasty we had a very good user control Notre Dame and he was a recruiting demon. One year I had only 2 defensive ends returning the next season so I had no depth at all. 5 quality ends had myself and Dame in he top 3 and two had me number 1 but he ended up signing all of them and they never saw the field. I had to get JUCO 3* guys to come in.

Recruiting really is brutal. I find it to be a double edged sword. When I snag that big recruit from someone else after flipping them on a visit it feels good, but when it happens to me I find myself wishing for a Madden style draft to keep it fairer. But the reality is its not fair.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »