Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - New Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - New Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2011, 11:49 PM   #17
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - New Custom Conferences

OK St. and A&M in SEC woulda been interesting to be honest.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #18
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

SEC West already has enough mediocre teams that are cannon fodder for Alabama, LSU and now possibly Auburn although I am not yet a believer in Auburn becoming a perennial power house. Texas and Oklahoma could actually challenge the West hierarchy. Okla St and A&M will simply be two more stepping stones for Bama and LSU and maybe not even be in the upper half of the West.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it's pretty obvious that College Football is heading towards Super Conferences....eventually it will happen.

This is how I see it playing out.

Pac 16:
Arizona
Arizona St.
Boise St.
BYU
Colorado
CAL
Oregon
Oregon St.
Texas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
UCLA
Utah
USC
Washington
Washington St.

BIG 10(16):
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kansas St.
Michigan
Michigan St.
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
Northwestern
Notre Dame
Ohio St.
Penn St.
Purdue
Wisconsin

SEC:
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Florida St.
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Kentucky
LSU
Mississippi St.
Ole Miss
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas A&M
TCU
Vanderbilt

ACC:
Baylor
Boston College
Conneticut
Clemson
Duke
Texas Tech
Louisville
Maryland
Miami
North Carolina
North Carolina St.
Pitt
Virginia
VT
Wake Forest
West Virginia

Mountain West:
Air Force
Colorado St.
Fresno St.
Hawaii
Houston
Iowa St.
New Mexico
Nevada
Rice
SDSU
SMU
Tulsa
UNLV
Utah St.
UTEP
Wyoming

Big East:
Army
Cincinnati
East Carolina
FAU
FIU
Marshall
Memphis
Navy
Rutgers
Southern Miss
South Florida
Syracuse
Temple
Tulane
UAB
UCF
Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 AM   #20
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

I agree utahman, the signs are there that the major conferences have all probably worked out scenario's towards that future. I would compare such to the NFL draft. Everyone has a plan on how to get to where they want to get but once the picks start happening you have to adjust and adapt in order to end in the best possible position with all things considered.

With that in mind I tend to think some Institutions would speak of certain moves publicly in order to possibly entice others or even to negotiate better terms with a different Suitor.

For example, if I was Texas I would never want to really move to the Pac due to having to sell the idea of possibly playing six or more games on the west coast each year. That is a two hour time difference and that is a pain in the *** for players to get used to. If you are a top recruit in Texas and you are comparing having to do that with Texas or perhaps instead going over to Texas A&M if you can handle that lifestyle so that you can play games closer to home against top programs in neighboring states such as Arkansas and LSU. With that in mind I think Texas would be shooting themselves in the foot to go to the PAC10.

I find it to likely just be something talked about so they are better off in possible future negotiations with the SEC or even the B1G. There is some chatter about Independent status but in a FBS moving towards Super Conference powers, Independent status is an even worse idea then it is already. Just look at Notre Dame and all their TV contracts and Prestige. How is that working out for them?

Nah, Texas would either go SEC for the rivalry games and the top competition in order to make it to the NC or to move to the B1G in order to remain in the same time zone while at the same time definately being in the top dogs of the conference and easily finding themselves annually in the championship chase. That chase is not a guarantee in the PAC and all that western travel could severely hamper their recruiting in years to come.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 29

I just had to throw this in because I just saw it on twitter, but Seattle University is joining the WAC as a non football school, that just blows my mind
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I just had to throw this in because I just saw it on twitter, but Seattle University is joining the WAC as a non football school, that just blows my mind
So is Denver...
Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 AM   #23
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

So unofficially they are the "Big West" because they are following the lead of the Big East?

Are they grabbing them up in hopes that being a part of the WAC helps them grow so that some day in the future they can field a football team in the FBS because the WAC is anticipating losing teams in the future race to Super Conference status that the higher up conferences will be participating in?
Old 06-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredonia
So is Denver...
woa! thanks that one's not quite as big of a shock to me I still thought Seattle was a D3 school until I just read up on how they've been making a push up for the last decade. I wonder too if these schools will eventually try to play football. Reading the WAC presidents comments I guess all the football playing FCS schools they tried to get are all too broke right now to make the jump up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »