Home

Whats Your NCAA Football 2012 Release "ritual"

This is a discussion on Whats Your NCAA Football 2012 Release "ritual" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 26
Whats Your NCAA Football 2012 Release "ritual"

For me it begins with the college football magizines i get those when they come out and read them up until release day and then I will take off work and go to gamestop or wal mart and pick up the game at midnight. Then buy me a case of soda and go to a drive through and grab something to eat since i want be moving for the next several hours!

Before playing a game I'll go through and make sure all rosters are set, equipment is correcT, my teambuilder teams are uploaded, and and adjust quarter length and penalties.

Go to play now and begin my "Preseason" Where I'll pick the following:

Tennessee Volunteers vs. Kentucky Wildcats
Jellico Blue Devils(My Highschool)vs. Williamsburg Yellowjackets(our rivals)
Miami Hurricanes vs. Florida State Seminoles
Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma Sooners

Then I will play a game a piece with these four teams and after I got all of that done and I shall jump right into my senior year of highschool again and set out on my road to glory!!!

Then after amed rosters come out, I will start up a dynasty with either Jellico or Tennessee.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Whats Your NCAA Football 2012 Release "ritual"

I make sure I buy the game but that's about it. I don't play a game until the rosters come out. I do read up on the coming football season but thats more because I'm a big CFB fan. It use to be that I would get the game and start on the rosters that would take me a week and a half or more to get done.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I used to be right there at Gamestop for the midnight release, then I would go home and spend a couple of hours with my Mountaineers scanning through their roster, naming most that I knew, then I would play a few games with them, both a home one and away one. Since I've had kids that ritual has changed somewhat. Now I normally stop at Gamestop or Wal-Mart on my way home from work Tuesday evening and buy the game. Wait until the wife and kids are asleep, then play a game or two before checking out the rosters. I usually do that each night for the rest of the week until the weekend comes, then I stay up as late as I can playing on Friday and Saturday night. That's when I check out recruiting, do some roster editing, and play around with some other teams.

I know this isn't the thread, but if anyone knows of a place in Charlottesville, VA that has been known to sell the game a day early please PM me and let me know. I will be there on the afternoon/evening of Monday, July 11th and would love to grab a copy before heading home that night because I've never had any luck here getting the game early. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Rookie

greatness33's Arena

OVR: 1

i get the game at midnight and usually go through a season of RTG and play start a dynasty, until the rosters come out, then I usually just start a new one
Old 06-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I do a series of play now games to establish a slider set.

The first things I am going to look into this year are CPU run block/RB ability and pass rush for both sides

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Get the game at midnight then just start playing exhibition games out of the box, adjusting sliders throughout the games til I get a balance I like. I also just play random matchups to get a feel for the new game before I start anything official. Then when the rosters come out I start my dynasty/RTG and start dominating scrubs online.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

NCAA 98 to NCAA 07 I picked up my copy sometime on release day then went home to work on my own rosters for about 2 weeks.

NCAA 08 to NCAA 10 I picked up my pre-ordered game on my way home from what ever I was doing on release day. I would play a game or two until roster were done.

NCAA 11 I waited until the roster came out then walked in a Target and got the game.

NCAA 12 I will wait for a while to read reviews and see how things work out. I don't feel like I have to have the game any more. All the things I have been waiting in the game for the past 2 years is finally in the game but I know how EA works so I'm not going to spend $60 on a product that is better on paper then in real life. I hope 12 turns out to be as good as it sounds. I have no plans for NCAA 12 until mid August at best.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

When the cashier hands me the game and my receipt, I hold the game above my head and the Legend of Zelda "item get" song plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »