Home

Perfect Corners

This is a discussion on Perfect Corners within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5
Perfect Corners

I really hope EA fixes these cornerbacks running the route before the receiver runs the route. Every time I run an out route the corner cuts to the sideline before my receiver makes his cut. This is very frustrating and very unrealistic. Have they said anything about fixing this for NCAA 12?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Perfect Corners

One of my main concerns & complaints also. EA really needs to fix the DB play and incorporate real transition animations from the back peddle to turning, chasing, foot planting and cutting. So far from the vids you dont see much mirroring but most are playing on varsity.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 06-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

It was said around the time the improved zone coverage was talked about that the mirroring DBs in man-to-man was gone.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 06-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigsooie3
I really hope EA fixes these cornerbacks running the route before the receiver runs the route. Every time I run an out route the corner cuts to the sideline before my receiver makes his cut. This is very frustrating and very unrealistic. Have they said anything about fixing this for NCAA 12?
watch Ohio St - Nebraska vid... the nebraska CB makes a pic by playing like a real CB not running the perfect route to pick it... Its one example but its promising!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Not to sound like a jerk but bid anybody watch the vids? You see CPU man coverage get beat numerous times, one on a double move in the mizzou - osu game that looked terrific and very realistic.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Not to sound like a jerk but bid anybody watch the vids? You see CPU man coverage get beat numerous times, one on a double move in the mizzou - osu game that looked terrific and very realistic.
thank you!
there are so many posts of people asking if something got fixed and you can tell by just watching the vids
Old 06-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

You are aware that those videos are not played on Heisman difficulty. Most of us here want a challenge, that plays within the realm of actual football, which eliminates online play for most.

Also on All-American diffuculty or lower, the AI make horrendous play calls and in general is pretty bad.

So the real question we should be asking is, will the DBs mirror routes/have telepathy or Heisman difficulty, to which there is no definitive proof, other than the words of a developer.

Now, no good saleman would pitch the flaws of his product would he? Not saying that it wont be gone, but the only way to find out is by consumer reviews and first hand experience.

My 2 cents anyways.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Vortex12's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope it's gone. I play corner, and you have to read the route that the receiver is running before you make a move, you don't run his route before he does. I often noticed in NCAA 11 that the DB was running the route in front of the wide receiver, and in real life, the WR would cut back and be wide open because the DB keeps running. They need to fix that kind of thing, I hope they did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »