Home

NFL Stadiums/FCS Stadiums in NCAA 2012

This is a discussion on NFL Stadiums/FCS Stadiums in NCAA 2012 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NFL Stadiums/FCS Stadiums in NCAA 2012

I need to do the research myself but I'll post the list in here. Some of you probably know about my classic setups. I was going to plan on just using some of the small generic stadiums since several of these teams played/play in front of some fairly small crowds by today's standards, but it would be cooler if they looked more accurate. Some of these teams haven't played in years which sucks for finding pictures of uniforms, various stadium pics and what not. If you know of any stadiums in the game that look similar, attendance doesn't have to be completely accurate, but I don't want it to be excessive. A team that plays in front of 12,000 playing in front of 80,000 people suddenly is a bit much.

UT-Arlington: Maverick Stadium (15,000; last played in 1985)
Wichita State: Cessna Stadium (30,000; last played in 1986)
Long Beach State: Veterans Memorial Stadium (12,000; last played in 1991)
Cal State-Fullerton: Titan Stadium (10,000; last played in 1992)
Pacific: Stagg Memorial Stadium (28,000; last played in 1995)
West Texas A&M: Kimbrough Memorial Stadium (20,000; Div II)
Lamar: Provost Umphrey Stadium (16,000; FCS)
McNeese State: Cowboy Stadium (17,000; FCS)
Illinois State: Hancock Stadium (15,000; FCS)
Southern Illinois: Saluki Stadium (15,000; FCS)
Drake: Drake Stadium (15,000; FCS)
Indiana State: Memorial Stadium (13,000; FCS)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 01:32 AM   #42
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

they should have the New Meadowlands Stadium in the game. Notre Dame played Navy & Rutgers played Army in it and there are more games scheduled there in the upcoming years plus its in Madden so i dont know why it wouldnt be in other than laziness.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:26 AM   #43
Rookie

TDiddy8701's Arena

OVR: 4

here is the FCS school and the FBS school thats stadium looks quite a bit like theirs

UNC-Charlotte - Marshall
Delaware - Kent State
Southern Illinois - SMU
William & Mary - FIU
McNeese State - Lousiana Tech
Illinois State - Nevada
Northern Iowa - Idaho
James Madison - ECU or Oregon State (its a tossup)
Yale - Bowl Style Generic
App State - Utah State
Princeton - Boston College
Old Dominion - Northwestern
MLB - Detroit Tigers
NHL - Detroit Red Wings
Soccer - USA, Rangers

http://twitter.com/Doug_Ley
Old 07-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #44
Banned

BoiseBulldawg34's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealCar10ck
I'm creating this thread because of Teambuilder. With the realization that South Alabama, Texas-San Antonio, Texas State, and UMass were making the jump...I wanted to find out if any FCS teams already have stadiums in the game such as Bowl Game Sites. NFL stadiums I want to know for maybe smaller teams such as Villanova, who's stadium is too small to be Division I, they could play at the Linc like Temple (if it's in the game). Any answers would be appreciated as well as any ideas of where an FCS team could locate their stadium.

Answers:
South Alabama: GMAC Bowl (possibly Generic in the game)
Texas-San Antonio: Alamo Bowl
Georgia State: Georgia Dome
UMass: Gillette Stadium (not in game)
UMass would NOT be playing at Gillette anyways. Reason being is because Gillette is out in Foxboro, and UMass plays here in Western Mass (Amherst, MA).

They wouldn't have a fan base out that way, and would not travel that far to play in that Stadium every week.

They would need their own Stadium up there in Amherst.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #45
Rookie

Jeff George's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBulldawg34
UMass would NOT be playing at Gillette anyways. Reason being is because Gillette is out in Foxboro, and UMass plays here in Western Mass (Amherst, MA).

They wouldn't have a fan base out that way, and would not travel that far to play in that Stadium every week.

UMass will be playing at Gillette starting in 2012:

http://www.gazettenet.com/2011/04/21...-no-headline-0

From the article:

At the press conference Wednesday announcing the University of Massachusetts' upgrade to Bowl Subdivision football, athletic director John McCutcheon was clear that Gillette Stadium would be the home of UMass football starting in 2012.

"We see this venue as an outstanding opportunity for us for a very long time. Playing here, if we don't have the best collegiate venue in the country, it's pretty close. If we do some renovations to our stadium on campus we could move one or two games back there, but right now the press box facilities are not as such that we could accommodate it. The primary home for UMass football for the foreseeable future is Gillette Stadium."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 11

This question doesn't really apply to the stadiums, but will we be able to add these schools without having to kick out schools. As in go over 120 teams, so we can add in these schools as time progresses...
Old 07-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyForeigner
This question doesn't really apply to the stadiums, but will we be able to add these schools without having to kick out schools. As in go over 120 teams, so we can add in these schools as time progresses...
No 120 is the max. And I think you have to import Teambuilder teams before the dynasty starts. I wish I knew if this was possible though.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:38 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBulldawg34

they don't have a choice their stadium isn't big enough for FBS and that commonwealth classic game last year seemed to draw okay didn't it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »